The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

PeterL

Past & Present - San Diego Bay yesterday. The 1840s style brig California and behind CVN 74 (USS John C. Stennis).

Alpa TC | IQ140 | SK APO Helvetar 120/5.6 ASPH | f11 - 1/500 | ISO 50

Cheers, -Peter

danlindberg

Studioshot with very little PP. Beercans on a lighttable + Profoto 600. Alpa TC mounted on a reprostand. Macrodistance 6.5 with a Schneider 72L. Focusing with GG.
Amazing sharpness with the Schneider, distance 530mm. :)

gerald.d

So does everyone get that "ahh... so THIS is what it's all about" moment when looking at the first photo they've taken with a tech cam?

:D

jlm

Workshop Member
somewhat, though usually not until processing the raw file. similar to seeing that print come up in the developer. as opposed to diving into that 4x5 ground glass, a cherished experience

danlindberg

So does everyone get that "ahh... so THIS is what it's all about" moment when looking at the first photo they've taken with a tech cam?

:D
Sure, for me it was. I was given a Linhof SuperTechnica 4x5 on my 14th birthday - 30 years on I am still an avid user of tech cams. Difficult to imagine 'only' having/using an ordinary dslr. Yes, I have had a few along the way, but the thought of not having a tech cam has never crossed my mind. No way.

Sure, for me it was. I was given a Linhof SuperTechnica 4x5 on my 14th birthday - 30 years on I am still an avid user of tech cams. Difficult to imagine 'only' having/using an ordinary dslr. Yes, I have had a few along the way, but the thought of not having a tech cam has never crossed my mind. No way.

Your images are always a pleasure to look at Dan, but this one really stands out for me.

gerald.d

3 shot stitch from Autopano Giga. Full size is 200MP.

Need to re-look at the blending on this.

100% crop:

Alpa TC, Rodenstock 70 HR, IQ180

danlindberg

Impressive Gerald! Does software keystone vertical lines? Suppose you need quite a bit of computer power....

Shortpballer & Rayyen, thanks guys :)