The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

it will be super interesting to see Nikon D800 VS Leica S2

KeithL

Maybe a more enlightening thread question would be: How does your profession impact your gear choices and ultimately, your photography?
Obviously depends on your profession.

The question right now on the lips most professional photographers is when will we be able to buy the Canon 5D MK111?

BANKER1

Scientists and philosophers? My nephew is an astrophysicist with a PHD from Harvard University. During his college career he took violin lessons. When his violin teacher found out he was a physics major he said, "I knew it. I could tell by the way you played." So if a musician's ordered mentality is evident in their performance, it is probably the same for photography since they are both creative endeavors.

Greg

Shashin

Scientists and philosophers? My nephew is an astrophysicist with a PHD from Harvard University. During his college career he took violin lessons. When his violin teacher found out he was a physics major he said, "I knew it. I could tell by the way you played." So if a musician's ordered mentality is evident in their performance, it is probably the same for photography since they are both creative endeavors.

Greg
Or it could be people fitting their prejudices to the "facts."

I find the folks that dismiss the numbers don't understand them. And folks that throw around numbers to "prove" product "superiority" don't understand them either. We already hear claims that the Nikon lenses will not be sharp on the new sensor. Well, if their images look sharp now, how is dividing the image into smaller pixels going to make images softer?

doug

.... We already hear claims that the Nikon lenses will not be sharp on the new sensor. Well, if their images look sharp now, how is dividing the image into smaller pixels going to make images softer?
People will look closer because the higher sampling rate will allow them to.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Let's not talk cars Jack and I had flats 24 hours after each other in the same model cars same left rear tire and the same damn spot and same kind of puncture. Okay I needed new tires his where a week old . I bought new tires afterwards to do the workshop and get home. Jack parked his with fix a flat and left it in the parking lot to nurse it home. He got new tire today. Talk about crap luck

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
When you run with the honey badger you can expect a cobra sting once and awhile.

Lars

Let's not talk cars Jack and I had flats 24 hours after each other in the same model cars same left rear tire and the same damn spot and same kind of puncture. Okay I needed new tires his where a week old . I bought new tires afterwards to do the workshop and get home. Jack parked his with fix a flat and left it in the parking lot to nurse it home. He got new tire today. Talk about crap luck
Well, you know what they say - luck is a skill.

Seriously, what did you do to your cars - go down Lippincott Road at 60 mph?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
p.s. guys, let me know if you need a link to a source of REAL off road tyres :D

I'm at 2500 miles of a road trip with lots of rough stuff and I had an outage too. Need a new bulb for my brake light :ROTFL:

Lars

I did about 30K miles with my Landcruiser during my year in Australia, 25% on dirt roads and offroad. Darn expensive tires but they did last the year.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
It's ok, Jack & Guy have the last laugh every time they go past me while I'm putting $$ into the gas pump.

As regards the original thread, well, if I were an S2 owner it wouldn't be so much as D800 vs S2 as D800 AND S2 :D