The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the FT-1

Terry

I look forward to trying out the V1 with a longer lens. I've seen some really nice work on DPReview.

Last edited:

ustein

Contributing Editor
As always you have to learn how to handle such narrow angle of view. But VR works.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Wonderful shots UWE!

How does the AF speed and accuracy work with Nikkor glass and the FT1?

Thanks

Peter

ustein

Contributing Editor
>How does the AF speed and accuracy work with Nikkor glass and the FT1?

the 105 Macro is slow (not sure how it is on larger bodies). The 70-200 is ok.

ptomsu

Workshop Member
>How does the AF speed and accuracy work with Nikkor glass and the FT1?

the 105 Macro is slow (not sure how it is on larger bodies). The 70-200 is ok.
That sounds reasonable, the 105 was also not the fastest on my D2X some years ago.

Seems I need to get an FT-1 pretty soon :)

A

Allan Ostling

FT-1 support for VR

As always you have to learn how to handle such narrow angle of view. But VR works.
I hope so. I have just mounted a newly-acquired AF-S 55-200mm VR on the FT-1. I gulped when I noticed that Vibration reduction does not appear in the shooting menu. (It doesn't appear when I mount my Nikon1 10mm either, but that lens doesn't have VR.)

I have the VR switch on the lens set to ON. But I would like to be able to use the menu to choose between Normal, Active, and Off.

(Firmware is A: 1.11, B: 1.10., L:1.00)

How can I tell if VR is working, without the menu confirmation?

[edit] I tried looking at the display while turning the lens VR to OFF. The jiggles then became apparent. So indeed, the VR is working just fine with the FT-1.

A

Allan Ostling

Will the FT-1 meter with non-AF Nikkors, such as the Micro-Nikkor 55mm f2.8? If it will, it would be stop-down aperture-priority metering since the FT-1 provides no mechanical actuation.