The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The D800E in Ireland...

vieri

Ireland's man-made landscape...

Here it is, the fourth and last instalment of my Irish portfolio, dedicated this time to landscapes which, whether willingly or unwillingly, have been heavily modified and defined by the intervention of man; to my eye, all these ruined buildings, wrecks and other man-made artefacts are very beautiful in their decay, perhaps more so than in their original form. As always, not to totally clog GetDPI, I am just posting a few photos here to whet your appetite; you can find the rest of the images and of the story on my blog!

Now for the technical stuff: all images shown here have been shot with a Nikon D800E with the 24mm f1.4 AF-S, 35mm f1.4 AF-S, 50mm f1.4 AF-S, 85 f1.4 AF-S & 70-300 AF-S VR, mounted when needed on a Gitzo tripod equipped with an Arca Swiss Cube head; Singh-Ray filters have been used, including a polarizer & various ND filters, and a SB-910 Speedlight controlled via the D800E commander has been used at times as well. Photos have been developed in Capture NX2 and finished in Photoshop CS6.

Thank you for reading this far, and don't forget checking my blog for the rest of the images and of the story!! Best,

Vieri