The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun With Sony Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurtch

Re: Fun with the Sony A7 Series Cameras( all of them)

From 2 days ago in Cape May NJ. A7RII, Voigtlander 12mm lens ISO 400 f11
Dave in NJ
D729 framed.jpg

scho

I just received an early xmas present in the form of the CV 12mm UWH III lens in e-mount. After viewing the gorgeous images that Barry has been posting here I could no longer resist the urge to re-visit this lens. I had the 1st version some years ago in M mount, but it has since improved considerably. Here are my first snaps taken with this lens on the A7II during a walk along the waterfront Children's Garden this afternoon.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member

Couple from the other day ...

Sony ICLE-7RM2 Leica 50 Nocti 0.95

Thanks,

Bob

pegelli

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Looking outside to the sculpture garden of the Asmundarsafn Art Museum in Reykjavik

NEX6 + E16-50PZ

scho

Two more shots from the Children's Garden series posted yesterday. A7II + CV 12 III

Innovative use for old bathroom items.

Living willow branch shelters.

Barry Haines

The Great Hall (Taken last year at Buckland Abbey, once home of Sir Francis Drake).

Fine architectural shot with nice little asymmetries!

I don't quite understand the toning in relation to the subject matter. I guess some calotypes have this sort of blue/brown tone?

Kirk
Thanks Kirk, you are 100% correct - Calotypes don't have a blue/brown colour to them ;)
A salt print made from a Calotype negative should in reality have this kind of colour look about them (much dependant upon the paper used).

I will just add this version, hopefully a little more pleasing to the eye than the blue/brown split-toned version above...A pseudo Frederick Evans Platinotype was what I actually had in mind on this occasion :)

One more with similar treatment.

Last edited:

bifi25

Re: Fun With Sony _____

Few days ago my new/old sex-5n arrived. I'm very pleased to use it with M-Mount-Lenses. I own really good gear, like M240, RX1R, X-Pro2...but I'm very happy with this flexibel and small Camera...

Fine architectural shot with nice little asymmetries!

I don't quite understand the toning in relation to the subject matter. I guess some calotypes have this sort of blue/brown tone?

Kirk

scho

A few shots from the Ithaca Ice festival taken with the Sony A7II + MC-11 + Sigma SA 30mm f/1.4 DC Art lens. Shot in full frame mode and worked well with no discernible vignetting.

AlanS

Shot in full frame mode and worked well with no discernible vignetting.
That's rather interesting! You wouldn't happen to have any wide open shots would you?

scho

That's rather interesting! You wouldn't happen to have any wide open shots would you?
No, I shot all of these at f/4. At f/1.4 there is a small amount of vignetting in the extreme corners. I use this lens most often on the Sigma sdQ.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.