Today we have just launched the latest edition of Capture One! Capture One Pro 9.
We have built on existing features and improved the ones you know and use daily. Some highlights include..
- New Processing Engine
- New Color Editor Interface with the ability to create masks from Color selections
- LUMA Curves - i.e Luminance adjustment only with the power of the curve tool
- New brushing tools with Flow and Airbrush and easy straight line brushing.
- Curves now included as a Local Adjustments
- Keyword Library Manager and new Keyword tool
- Vastly improved rescaling engine
- Capture One Colors for DNG files
On a financial note each Capture One licence now gives you THREE installs. So you can cover your location system, office / studio system and home system. Even more value.
Here is an overview of what’s new…
Here is how the new Color Editor Works..
Here is the new Keyword Tool and Library in action…
On a personal note I will say that I didn’t look much into the new behaviour of the Contrast and Brightness sliders in the new processing engine at first. But I really must say it makes this rather rudimentary tool something special. Adding contrast to an image can often be a tough task, especially if you want to retain colors and saturation and not block up the blacks and ruin the highlights. The new processing engine does a great job of adding contrast in a subtle way. If you want even more control, then you have the Luma curve and the saturation slider at your disposal.
No doubt there will be some responses of “what about xyz tool??”. Remember, 9.0 is just the start and there is always more to come. Don’t forget throughout the life of Capture One 8 we added new features and tools, for example the Color Balance tool.
Download a 30 day trial today…
Upgrade your existing Capture One Pro 7 or 8 licence…
There are a series of Webinars for Capture One Pro 9 in English, German and Japanese - have a look on our new webinar page..