The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Recent content by KlausJH

1. KlausJH

FOUND: Schneider Center Filter II

Thanks Diggles, If nothing else works, this could be a possibility. Adding tax, customs and shipment makes it quite expensive. Let's see if someone comes up with an offer first.
  2. KlausJH

FOUND: Schneider Center Filter II

Hi, I'm looking for a center filter for the SK 47XL, 52mm thread
  3. KlausJH

What F-Stop range do you use

I met a wildlife photographer in Antarctica who took head shots of King Penguins with f/29 to get eyes and beak in focus. Those pictures looked much better than those with f/11 where the beak was unsharp. C1 has a diffraction correction in the lens tool menu but I don't know how good that works.
  4. KlausJH

Medium Format Pets

There are thousands of doggy pictures made with my 35mm cameras but only very few with a Hasselblad. Here is Nelly the Old English Sheepdog taken with my old X1D and a Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar 3.5/35-70
  5. KlausJH

What we all strive for:

The lines. Parallel lines. Body and branch. Beak and branch ponting in opposite direction. Balanced elements. Harmony. For me, that makes it a good composition.
  6. KlausJH

Positive Feedback for Petru Daniel Cucos @winetu

I have recently acquired a SK Apo-Digitar 5.6/47XL from Petru Daniel Cucos @winetu. We had a very good communication, shipment was fast and I was pleasantly surprised to see, that the lens was in a superb condition. I would not hesitate to buy from him again. Highly recommended. Thank you very...
  7. KlausJH

Any Hasselblad users just use Phocus and nothing else?

I use Phocus for all my Hasselblad files. Most of the time that is all I need. For my Leica and Sony data I use LrC now. When I need stitching, super resolution oder extended masking I import .FFF files to LrC and continue. Not all adjustments are available in Phocus with non HB raw data. So...
  8. KlausJH

907x with manual adapters

But what happens when you steal the power from the 907x? Shouldn't it become a "dumb" adapter? I taped the first button on the right side and this shuts the 907x off. This way you are able to select different camera bodies from the menu of the back. In flash sync mode it is possible to use the...
  9. KlausJH

For me the Flexbody is primarily a smarter interface between the HB backs and V/LF lenses than a 907X. It is possible to use the central shutter and a flash works fine. You can cock the shutter on V lenses and there is tilt and shift even with some shortcomings. I wouldn't use it with film...
  10. KlausJH

True, there is not much information about the Flexbody and pictures take with it. Here is an example: Flexbody, Distagon 3.5/60 CF, 1/15s, tilt 7°, CFV II 50C.
  11. KlausJH

Connecting the back's flash output with the flash will also work.
  12. KlausJH

Now let's plug a X sync splitter on the lens and connect a flash cable with the flash sync input from the backend and a second flash cable with the flash sync input from the flash. Now the lens shutter should fire the flash and trigger the backend. Will it work? Yes it did with a V lens as well...
  13. KlausJH

Fun with MF images 2024

From my visit in Long Island in December. The lighthouse in Montauk. 907X CFV II 50C, XCD 3.2/90 Montauk-Lighthouse by Klaus Hornig, auf Flickr
  14. KlausJH

Whenever the 907X ist attached to a CFV 50/100 you lose the capability to select a different camera mode. Unfortunately. You can never use a central shutter on adapted lenses this way. The way I do it, is with a Flexbody and Adapters. And it works with V lenses too. However, flange distance and...
  15. KlausJH

DIY projects

That looks really great:I like that. Where did you get the M65 to Hasselblad V adapter and Copal 0 to M65 from? I wasn't able find one. Thanks