The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Search results

1. J

The great tripod & head thread!

Sold my Arca Swiss D4. Now looking for a Cube, for studio work no issue. But is it also a good idea to use it for outdoor work (landscapes) ? Who is using the Cube outdoors and indoors? And is the new Cube GP (geared panning) worth the additional couple of hundreds of cost versus a regular Cube...
  2. J

X1D + HCD24mm f/4.8 + HTS 1.5

I have tried shooting with HTS 1.5 Tilt Shift adapter on the X1D using a HCD 24mm f/4.8 via XH adapter. The 3 images show a - (1) slightly cropped 24mm f/16 w/o HTS focused on the stone front left (about hyperfocal distance around 2 meters), - (2) 24mm f16 + HTS tilted about +5 ° and - (3) 5...
  3. J

How many guys are using the Colour Checker Passport or similar

I have one but most of the time I forget to use it for white balancing and/or exposure setting....;) Mostly I use it only in studio anymore, if at all. But it is also good for profiling e.g. for Phocus profiles and light meter profiling such as a Sekonic L-758.
  4. J

Help with shooting hand held with H6D100c

I also use sometimes for such a monopod with an Arca Swiss Z1 ball head and I think this is more flexible than using a tripod but more stable than purely hand-held. This way it is also less tiering since H6D with 150 lens is quite a heavy setup.
  5. J

Help with shooting hand held with H6D100c

Sometimes especially in less than bright available light True Focus will not lock in so easily; I have also made the same experiences. In such cases one must have more patience and just continuously depress the TF button,which is for that kind of shoot a bit of awkward though to let the model...
  6. J

Photoshop verses Phocus for H6D100c

yes, I fully agree. By complexity I mean it has more possibilities and flexibilities and thus will take more time and efforts for a newbie to get around, no doubt. Can be used simple or with full options. But as you say, can be self-customized to a minimum as well. I am using C1 since 2003 for...
  7. J

Photoshop verses Phocus for H6D100c

you could also read the manual...probably not so sexy though, watching instructional videos is more convenient these days. But anyways, Phocus is not so complex as e.g. Capture One and thus it is pretty easy to get the basics. And IMO forget about all that stuff of dodging&burning with layers...
  8. J

Obviously it is the geared movements which is not possible with a P0. Probably should have taken the P0 Hybrid, but haven't.
  9. J

I have a P0 on a light Gitzo tripod. Does it make sense to combine the existing P0 with that new L60 "mini-cube" for outdoor shooting e.g. landscapes or should I just sell the P0 and get the L60 alone? A combination of the 2 with AS flip-lock clamp will weight around 750 grams and height around...
  10. J

Looking for advice: Canon or Epson for large format printing at home?

Thank you John. That was my impressions as well. I probably will go with a Canon, don't know what size will fit best, but the Pro4000 is very tempting. Anybody has experience with this printer?
  11. J

more information here about L60 here: https://www.arca-shop.de/de/upgrade-umbau/l60-leveler-fliplock and here: http://www.arca-swiss-magasin.com/contents/fr/d99_Nouveautés_Photokina_2016.html Scroll way down. Also interesting: the Cube with geared panning,
  12. J

AF on H lenses With XCD Adapter-Anyone tested yet?

yes, works well, same as with native XCD lenses. But only for those HC lenses which are listed in the release note (28,50,50-II,80,100) for the time being and with fw 1.18 to be updatable to 1.19. I have a 100 updated and that does well. My 24 with fw 1.18 but not yet on the listing can be used...
  13. J

Looking for advice: Canon or Epson for large format printing at home?

Hello dear experienced large format printers! I recently visited a photo show where a camera firm offered some clients exhibition printing using a Epson Surecolor SC-P20000 for printing on Photo Rag 188 in size up to 35” x 28”. So I took some 16 Bit Tiff files (around 300 MB file size) from a...
  14. J

Does anyone tryed the HTS on the X1D ?

I did recently with HCD 24mm f/4, but am not yet ready to show the results properly. It works, no question. But no information about tilt and shift is transmitted to Phocus when importing, as H6D does. Don't know if CA/distortion correction is made automatically. Let me find out.
  15. J

Choosing a second Hasselblad HC Lens

Another idea for a 2 lens setup is one prime (as u have) combined with a zoom like the 35-90. That is how I started in MF a couple of years ago. The 80 prime came with the kit and the 35-90 via Ebay second-hand, but with few clicks only and in mint condition. The 35-90 zoom is as good as a...
  16. J

Choosing a second Hasselblad HC Lens

I am primarily a portrait and product shooter and I am using a H6D-100c as well as a X1D, besides my older Nikon (D4s). I have sold the HC 80 recently, which came as a kit with an older H5D, and invested into the new orange dotted 100 and a second-hand 150N. For products I am using normally the...
  17. J

Hasselblad x1d and Short Flash Duration

if cutting of the flash on the ending side you might ran into color issues. At the beginning the flash is colder and at the end warmer yielding -in this case- an average color temp of 5500 kelvin. Thus you see sometimes a more blueish color tone from speedlights when in high speed mode
  18. J

Hasselblad x1d and Short Flash Duration

to have it correct, Broncolor Move renders: level 10 1200 Ws 1/375 sec level 9 600 Ws 1/975 sec level 8 300 Ws 1/2300 sec etc. flash duration on t=0.1 with minimum speed. If more power needed just use 2 lamps (or shoot at higher ISO), the Move has 2 fully...
  19. J

XF firmware update #4: Focus and recompose with the XF, finally!

seems to be similar or the same as Hasselblad's TrueFocus, which I use all the time for shalllow depth of field portraiture work with the H6D-100c, when dof is only a few centimeters (ca. 7 cm) as with a 100mm lens on f/2.2 at a subject distance of 2 meters. I thought this is a patented...
  20. J

H6X or XF

Hi Doug, are u sure about this "leaning forward" to manually adjust the re-composing geometry error? Shouldn't it be leaning backwards instead, assuming you take a steady portraiture in portrait camera modus? Thus, when recomposing after having taken focus on one eye/face of your model the...