The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with MF images 2024

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Take it easy Matt .
I'll try to cut back on the Soup pics ;).

But since the XCD 90/3.2 was mentioned, I took this last week at f/9.5 (by mistake). I love this lens. It is ferociously sharp without being annoying - as special in that regard as the Leica S 120/2.5 APO-Macro.

I've posted this one before (a few times, I'm afraid) Back in 2019 with an X1D looking at hikers on the far rim of the Mt. Vesuvius caldera.

Matt

Last edited:

jng

Big Sur Coastline by John Ngai, on Flickr
WRS1250 | IQ4 150 | SK 60XL | f/11 | 4m00s, Automated Frame Average​

Part 2 of my recent photographic mini-adventure: on Saturday as we made our way south along the coast of the Monterey Peninsula, we happened upon this quintessential Big Sur vista. There really was no choice but to pull over. After admiring the view together with others who were similarly enchanted, the gear came out of the car and we got to work. This is what I came up with...

John

Thorkil

Hi Thorkil,

none of the XCD or newer V lenses are cheap so one should expect excellent performance- and I haven't been disappointed with the 30/45 /35-75/90/120 Ive bought so far. As for the 90 3,2 these are my observations with a couple of shots to illustrate:

Shoot wide open and close in to your subject and you can get the Leica Noctilux/Summilux) rendering with no loss of micro contrast or super fine detail

View attachment 211689

- step back and close down to 5.6- 11 and you still get high subject separation and pleasing OOF rendering but more environmental information

View attachment 211690

step back even further to shoot a landscape or urban scape and you get as above.

I don't have the 80 1.9 to compare against or the new V - but I think the 80 1,9 is a target future present to myself although purportedly slower focusing than this 90 or the new V 90 2.8.

PS As an aside : used camera bodies are becoming ridiculously cheap compared to their new prices these days- one could buy a 'used' GFX1000 / 100S and a GFX 110/2 for example for the price of a 'new Hasselblad V 90/2.8. I have seriously considered adding a Fuji 100S just for a couple of lenses from Fuji which I think are outstanding eg the 110/2.

Cheers
Pete
Hi Peter
Thank you. Nice pictures. I think its a very special and delicate lens.
I have one on its way from Berlin.
Well for those with good memory, they will remember the link and interview with Per Nordlund from previously:
Go to 52 minutes.
It was his words that cought me
KR Thorkil
PS. I'll stick to Hasselblad, just a strong feeling inside
PPS for my part the 21/4, 45P and the 90/3.2 will do. Fully satiesfied.

Last edited:

PeterA

Hi Peter
Thank you. Nice pictures. I think its a very special and delicate lens.
I have one on its way from Berlin.
Well for those with good memory, they will remember the link and interview with Per Nordlund from previously:
Go to 52 minutes.
It was his words that cought me
KR Thorkil
PS. I'll stick to Hasselblad, just a strong feeling inside
PPS for my part the 21/4, 45P and the 90/3.2 will do. Fully satiesfied.

Hi KR thanks for the link - yes less is more it helps that 100MP allows for generous and useful crops if required. Perhaps the forum needs a separate thread to discuss native lenses for the X system there doesn't seem to be too much out there from actual users...

Pete

EDIT; or should I say the lens info and examples is often mixed in with the general photography thread which makes it hard to find specific info...

Last edited:

Thorkil

Hi KR thanks for the link - yes less is more it helps that 100MP allows for generous and useful crops if required. Perhaps the forum needs a separate thread to discuss native lenses for the X system there doesn't seem to be too much out there from actual users...

Pete

EDIT; or should I say the lens info and examples is often mixed in with the general photography thread which makes it hard to find specific info...
Hi Pete
Well 100 MP and IBIS would be my last dream, so one wish left, the X2D...
Its ok to mix things I think :)
KR (= just a Kind Regards 😇)
Thorkil

jng

McWay Falls by John Ngai, on Flickr
WRS1250 | IQ4 150 | SK60XL | f/11 | 2-image vertical stitch​

Part 3 of my Big Sur excursion - we made it down to McWay Falls, our turn-around point approximately 37 miles or 60 km south of Carmel on the coast highway. The mid-afternoon sky was bald and cloudless, alas, but the juxtaposition of the blue Pacific Ocean and the cove's emerald green water made for a stunning contrast in colors. This is a location I hope to get back to one day...

John

Last edited:

drunkenspyder

Part 3 of my Big Sur excursion - we made it down to McWay Falls, our turn-around point approximately 37 miles or 60 km south of Carmel on the coast highway. The mid-afternoon sky was bald and cloudless, alas, but the juxtaposition of the blue Pacific Ocean and the cove's emerald green water made for a stunning contrast in colors. This is a location I hope to get back to one day...

John
That palette is just lovely.

• Thanks
Reactions: jng

diggles

John
nice composition John!

• Thanks
Reactions: jng

P. Chong

Built in 1939, Tong Ah Building is an Art Deco-style shophouse that was, for three-quarters of a century, home to famed kopitiam Tong Ah Eating House. GFX 100 II with GF 30 T/S. In the background is the Pinnacle @ Duxton I had previously showed.

mrpotatohead-1600.jpg