The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hasselblad 100C and 35XL

hcubell

Your reframing of your writing, with two quoted segments, the new underlining to emphasize the first point, your use of the word “added”, and the new explanation of the sequential logic structure is a rather transparent attempt to pretend you included the X2D only parenthetically.

This is what you actually wrote:

“it's a native lens designed by Hasselblad to work with the X1D and the X2D model which followed it.”

Seems like you’re the one rephrasing your words.
It would be really helpful to the overall "atmosphere" of this forum if you refrained from importing to this forum the axe you and others grind obsessively about Hasselblad over at DP Review where you are a "Moderator," at least in name. I can and do ignore the endless and typically venomous/petty criticism of everything having to do with Hasslelblad over there, but I do not want to be subjected to it here. Techtalk has an exceptional level of experience and deep knowledge in many areas of digital imaging, presents his viewpoint in a calm, rational way, and offers up a measured viewpoint about the issues at hand. It's often an alternative viewpoint to the breathless and obsessive commentary about anything having to do with Hasselblad.
You comment as follows in response to Techtalk:
"Your reframing of your writing, with two quoted segments, the new underlining to emphasize the first point, your use of the word “added”, and the new explanation of the sequential logic structure is a rather transparent attempt to pretend you included the X2D only parenthetically."
I have no idea what you are trying to say. It is incomprehensible to me and adds nothing...zero... to the discourse about the basic issue at hand here.

mristuccia

I think this thread should be closed now. It served the purpose, and of course we are all grateful to Warren for having highlighted the problem!
Now it just turned into a boring loop of obviousness mixed up with biased confrontation.

We can open another one whenever news on this issue comes from Hasselblad.
"IF" news comes in...

My two cents (way less than 8K...)

Last edited:

Paul Spinnler

It would be really helpful to the overall "atmosphere" of this forum if you refrained from importing to this forum the axe you and others grind obsessively about Hasselblad over at DP Review where you are a "Moderator," at least in name. I can and do ignore the endless and typically venomous/petty criticism of everything having to do with Hasslelblad over there, but I do not want to be subjected to it here. Techtalk has an exceptional level of experience and deep knowledge in many areas of digital imaging, presents his viewpoint in a calm, rational way, and offers up a measured viewpoint about the issues at hand. It's often an alternative viewpoint to the breathless and obsessive commentary about anything having to do with Hasselblad.
You comment as follows in response to Techtalk:
"Your reframing of your writing, with two quoted segments, the new underlining to emphasize the first point, your use of the word “added”, and the new explanation of the sequential logic structure is a rather transparent attempt to pretend you included the X2D only parenthetically."
I have no idea what you are trying to say. It is incomprehensible to me and adds nothing...zero... to the discourse about the basic issue at hand here.
I think the thread should be closed (or edited as suggested below to focus on tech aspects).

I disagree with the sugar coating of TechTalk's contributions. He is a heavily pro Hasselblad biased troll - who you like to side with often in pro Hasselblad posts - that has too much time at hand to regularly look up Hasselblad spec sheets and historic facts - one can Google that oneself - with no practical ad-subject contributions (e.g. image samples relating to the subject matter at hand for example). He has never even posted an image sample and hides behind some "reasons" to not do so.

If you look at how this thread derailed you well see that once he started posting that basically no one needs to buy this, its everyone's choice, every product has its limitations, etc.(e.g. post 145) he effectively trolled and diffused the discussion because it was obviously a discourse between frustrated buyers exchanging about the problems they had found with a product that's not working as advertised and then someone comes in and downplays it. With such monologous, triggering posts the discussion immediately moves onto a different subject plane and the original thread's direction is lost. That's textbook trolling. It was a simple factual discussion of people having spent 8k on a product which was heavily marketed and for now doesn't work as advertised. There's no need then to come in and diffuse to topic away and downplaying the problem.

That's not helpful and effectively a capsizing of the discussion. Instead of discussing facts (problem, evidence, solutions) it became a vain monologue as seen by the avalanche of his posts thereafter.

The same happend with the thread around MF news. It was closed after it degenerated into non subject matter related empty posts.

Its sad as we still could have discussed the post processing to remedy the issue at hand or how the back fares with say the 40 HR and 60 XL or other Rodie glass to get a more complete picture of the magnitude of the problem in practice.

At this stage the thread has been capsized again by TechTalk and should be closed. Unfortunately

Last edited:

wattsy

Can't a moderator just remove all the off-topic posts (most of the last 4-5 pages) from the thread? The original discussion is important for anyone considering buying the new back for tech camera use.

Paul Spinnler

I think if you edit you don't need to close. That's the point of the edit – dear Soup. I've removed some unnecessary responses namely to Godfrey. Would be great to focus on the technical problem now.

Last edited:

hcubell

Its sad as we still could have discussed the post processing to remedy the issue at hand or how the back fares with say the 40 HR and 60 XL or other Rodie glass to get a more complete picture of the magnitude of the problem in practice.
Really??? I suggest you go back and look at my recent post in this thread where I asked about the circumstances where the horizontal striping was visible and what kind of postprocessing moves had been made, and how it could be mitigated by masking the sky. You immediately jumped in and accused me of whitewashing the issue. Did anyone who was an actual or potential BUYER of the CFV 100C do that? No, but you did did, and you don't even own one and never will. Sadly we know where you are coming from from too much past history. For comparison, you should go back and look at the simple, clear, non-disparaging and constructive response to me from the OP, Warren Diggles, who told me about his sample and pointed me to a raw file from ruebe that I have been in the process of analyzing. He actually owns a back and did not respond the way you did.
There is a consistent pattern here that cannot be overlooked. You seem to be in the middle of every thread that involves Hasselblad as a company or its products, and the conversation inevitably disintegrates. If Fuji or Phase One came out with a product that had issues, and it surely does happen, you will never find me in the middle of a thread about it carrying on about the issue with zeal. In fact, let's make a deal. I will not comment in threads involving Phase, Leica, or Alpa or their products, and you do the same about Hasselblad. I can almost guarantee these issues will go away.

Paul Spinnler

Nice response to my offer for how to avoid these spats in the future.
EDIT: I've deleted some unnecessary posts here and have reached out to Howard directly. I'd wish the thread can move on and focus on the subject matter while Howard and I hash some misconceptions out.

Last edited:

B L

Dear Paul, what I have understood so far that once anybody disagrees with your views,he/she had it and must be prepared to face words like troll and ranting etc.
We can respond to every criticism without showing anger in word form. I do, and proud to say so that your knowhow on the subject of Techcam and SK,Rodonstock lenses etc is very indepth and feels like sitting in a lecture hall. I also respect similar kowhow on other equipments by many other members here equally and must say I gained a lot and my learning precess will continue till last breath.
I respect you Paul and I also respect everybody else here.

akaru

I’m just coming up for air again to see an awful lot of in-fighting. Everybody shake hands. Good game.

This is not a small issue if HB themselves posted an image of a Rodie 32 in use, as it sounds like that lens would result in banding (forgive me if I’m incorrect here). Showing that would imply it working within reason, and banding is not within reason. If so, I expect them to fix it. Seems fixable if it’s due to the PDAF. I’m hearing many say that’s not the case. But what is it if not PDAF?

They seem quite slow though, so don’t hold your breath ;)

Capul la fund as the Romanians say.

B L

I’m just coming up for air again to see an awful lot of in-fighting. Everybody shake hands. Good game.

This is not a small issue if HB themselves posted an image of a Rodie 32 in use, as it sounds like that lens would result in banding (forgive me if I’m incorrect here). Showing that would imply it working within reason, and banding is not within reason. If so, I expect them to fix it. Seems fixable if it’s due to the PDAF. I’m hearing many say that’s not the case. But what is it if not PDAF?

They seem quite slow though, so don’t hold your breath ;)

Capul la fund as the Romanians say.
Sir, the very point has been raised by all those concerned. I think we should let Victor Hasselblad to iron out short comings. May I seggest to Warren,Thomas and all those using this new back to start uploading some photos for us to enjoy.
And Paul,please uoload your 180mm photos for us in relevent forum.Thanks.

Paul Spinnler

Sir, the very point has been raised by all those concerned. I think we should let Victor Hasselblad to iron out short comings. May I seggest to Warren,Thomas and all those using this new back to start uploading some photos for us to enjoy.
And Paul,please uoload your 180mm photos for us in relevent forum.Thanks.
Which 180mm photos are you talking about? The 180mm is the only lens I don't own - because the 138 does the job already ... I've stated long ago that the ball is in Hasselblad's court. In a few weeks or months hopefully we'll know more about whether its a fixable or unfixable problem.

Last edited:

B L

Which 180mm fotos are you talking about? The 180mm is the only lens I don't own - because the 138 does the job already ... I've stated long ago that the ball is in Hasselblad's court. In a few weeks or months hopefully we'll know more about whether its a fixable or unfixable problem.
Sorry my bad! Apology.
Indeed 138mm, Thanks.