The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The OM-1

Elliot

I’m surprised there has not been more discussion on this forum about the OM-1. Has anyone here purchased one? Two of my friends have bought it and both are very happy with the camera. One is a long time Olympus MFT user. He sold his E-M1X bodies and replaced them with two OM-1 bodies. The other friend is new to MFT. He is testing the OM-1 and several Oly lenses to use as a smaller/lighter supplement or alternative to his Canon R5 system.

Gary
I bought an OM-1 in the last two months. It is as good as many reviews indicate, though I can make mush out of any great camera system! There have not been many opportunities for excursions yet, but I am registered for a birding weekend on the Outer Banks of North Carolina in mid-January and so will find out more about the OM-1 -- and my own limits.

The OM-1 and Olympus 100-400 lens is a good, relatively lightweight combination near the extent of my financial commitment and useful physical stamina (no 150-400, for example). The Olympus 300mm intrigues me, but not yet as a trade-off for the zoom capabilities. I am interested mostly in an all-around photo camera and one for birds and wildlife. I also have the 1.4x teleconverter for shooting in good light, such as it should be at the ocean.

Lighter weight is a critical aspect for me. Of course, as a non-professional, I can afford to choose equipment that is something with which I simply like to shoot. The OM-1 works on that level.

Godfrey

The versatility and relatively small size is similarly why I have yet to actually put my Olympus E-M1 + FT->mFT lens adapter + 1.4x teleconverter + ZD50-200/2.8-3.5 lens on the market. I use it so so rarely however... sigh.

G