The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Phase One XC 23 - Now a Stand Alone Camera Body and Lens..

Smoothjazz

This makes sense if you wanted to obtain the 23mm HR lens for your system- and keep it on the camera as a separate extra body.
I know the 23mm barely covers the larger Phase chip so no real movement are necessary- or possible anyway.

One question though; is the 23mm lens covering the whole sensor, or are you having to crop the edges?

Aviv1887

The 23 definitely needs an LCC. I assume this is an auto function with the combo, but how about if you just buy the body only?

Paul Spinnler

You don't need LCC although there is a CF from Rodenstock to help with the vignetting which is clearly evident in the sample pics here.

Given that you don't shift at all, distortion and light falloff correction in C1 can easily take care of the file. Since it is fully integrated, the files will contain metadata regarding the lens and apertures which will help C1 to pull up the right lens correction data directly without further need to select the profile from the user.

There's maybe 2-3mm shift. I have one in XT23. Its a great lens for landscape, but really wide so tricky in use.

jduncan

AVAILABLE AS A STAND-ALONE CAMERA BODY & LENS

View attachment 210612
View attachment 210613

"Ever run into a situation where you were unable or not allowed to use a tripod with your Phase One XF or XT camera, resulting in unusable images? Enter the Phase One XC 23. This little beauty is right at home in this case! This image was shot handheld from a moving boat in low light. Exposure settings were ISO 400 1/125s f9"

View attachment 210615

"This image was also shot handheld, setting were ISO 100 1/200s f9 The first is "As Shot". The second has a few quick edits..."

View attachment 210619

View attachment 210620

View attachment 210621

Hi,

How many stops of vibration compensation does it has? 🤣
Jokes aside, great that Phase One listened to users. No matter how much one tries to stretch the imagination this is a must-have.
Also thanks to the PetaPixel guys for an honest review. Sometimes is hard for the fans to listening to critisims but it's important, as Billy Joel's song goes: Honesty.

The camera is still a little bit expensive, but it includes a lens, and we know Phase One is a luxury brand.

I hope they continue to progress and that this increases the appeal of the platform even further.

Best regards,