The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

The Phase One XC 23 - Now a Stand Alone Camera Body and Lens..

Bianca Ranciato

Super Moderator
Staff member

AVAILABLE AS A STAND-ALONE CAMERA BODY & LENS

Screen Shot 2024-02-08 at 2.18.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-02-08 at 2.21.19 PM.png

"Ever run into a situation where you were unable or not allowed to use a tripod with your Phase One XF or XT camera, resulting in unusable images? Enter the Phase One XC 23. This little beauty is right at home in this case! This image was shot handheld from a moving boat in low light. Exposure settings were ISO 400 1/125s f9"

P0002163.jpg

"This image was also shot handheld, setting were ISO 100 1/200s f9 The first is "As Shot". The second has a few quick edits..."

P0002352.jpg

P0002352 1.jpg

Screen Shot 2024-02-08 at 2.43.44 PM.png

Last edited:

Mexecutioner

If that tiny little body allowed for interchangeable lenses I would buy it in a second. Good to see if is finally being sold standalone for those who need it.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Interesting choice of words. "Stand-alone camera bodies" don't usually have $12,000 lenses attached. Mind you, I like the idea...

Steve Hendrix

Interesting choice of words. "Stand-alone camera bodies" don't usually have $12,000 lenses attached. Mind you, I like the idea...

Originally this was taken from the Phase One marketing materials. Thanks for pointing out the incomplete description. We've made an adjustment.

Steve Hendrix/CI

Paul Spinnler

BTW – is the grip removable? Can one attach a strap? Given how much it costs, another layer of protection against falling ... would be awesome!

MGrayson

Hasselblad SWC? Not sure what it cost new though.
That's the best analogue - this is now an SWC body with an even wider angle lens.

I was thinking that a fixed 23mm on 150MP is a 35-40 MP camera with a lot of shifting if you're willing to end up with 50-65MP. Just aim it level and crop. I know, I know "it's a crime not to use all 150MP", but convenience counts for a lot - an entire architecture shoot with no movements needed. I suppose a movable mask would help for composition.

I like "no moving parts".

Matt

PeterA

Finally we have the ability to buy this and add to your kit. Fun camera to hand hold and shoot, or put it on a tripod and capture long exposures. Zone focus and use as a street camera too.
What a beautiful looking camera ( drool) - not sure about teh funky grip though...?

Reminds me of this setup I was shooting 15 years ago...

alpals (1).jpg

and shooting Street

AlpaStreet.jpg

Nice setups if the light is bright enough for f11

Paul Spinnler

Can one attach a neck strap to the XC? I would have expected someone to think about usage in the field ... wouldn't want this one to fall out of my hands!

MGrayson

Can one attach a neck strap to the XC? I would have expected someone to think about usage in the field ... wouldn't want this one to fall out of my hands!
I've found cameras are like one's own children. They stick to you like they're covered in velcro. I get nervous carrying a tripod with the camera mounted on it. If the camera isn't in my hand, I'm afraid that it will fall. Having said that, I once left an entire tech cam system on the rental car shuttle bus - fortunately recovered, or it would have been a very sad photo workshop.

cunim

This looks like a very expensive way to add an e-shutter to whatever lens P1 choose to offer. Give me a TCor a Fac if that's all it does. However, it could be interesting if:

1. Included a mounted EVF with back interface. This alone would justify the purchase., but there's more
2. Easy control of aperture and shutter from dials on the "camera" body. Maybe it does this?
3. No external cables and the X shutter bit does not consume the external trigger port on the back. Does this?

I could come up with other suggestions but the above would get my money. However, handheld? Really? Not in my hands. I sure do admire those who can get full res hand held but, for me, the achieved resolution would be much less than than a stable IQ4 is capable of. Better off with the XQD or GFX and IBIS. God knows, I even have problems with slower than 1/FL using the GFX. I know, my fault.

Ray Harrison

This looks like a very expensive way to add an e-shutter to whatever lens P1 choose to offer. Give me a TCor a Fac if that's all it does. However, it could be interesting if:

1. Included a mounted EVF with back interface. This alone would justify the purchase., but there's more
2. Easy control of aperture and shutter from dials on the "camera" body. Maybe it does this?
3. No external cables and the X shutter bit does not consume the external trigger port on the back. Does this?

I could come up with other suggestions but the above would get my money. However, handheld? Really? Not in my hands. I sure do admire those who can get full res hand held but, for me, the achieved resolution would be much less than than a stable IQ4 is capable of. Better off with the XQD or GFX and IBIS. God knows, I even have problems with slower than 1/FL using the GFX. I know, my fault.
(3) is supported. There are no external cables, similar to an XT (with XT variants of the lenses).