The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Fun with the Leica X

jonoslack

Sorry Godfrey - just seen your 'all models' thread.
Perhaps we could keep this one going for a few weeks and then combine it with the 'All models' thread later?

..... here is a grand-daughter

Scarlett

:ROTFL::ROTFL:

DaveS

I just got the black one yesterday as well. I used it last night at a family party, here are two pics from that.

I like the lightness compared to the M, and the slightly smaller size. Right now I am using the tiny Voigtlander 28/35 finder which looks nice and keeps the 'bump' really small on top. (so it still fits in a small bag easily without taking it off)

Two things I noticed, it starts up really fast for a Leica almost instantly. As soon as I turn it on, the finder lights up and it is ready to go. If it is in manual focus, I can click immediately. The second is just a quality thing, the hot shoe cover is aluminum not a plastic insert thingy.

Off to take more pictures now.

Dave

DaveS

Here are a couple more from a walk on the beach yesterday.

There seems to be zero flare in the wedding shot, which is great, I had no hood and the sun was basically hitting the lens.

Pretty happy with the X, I wish it had a built in viewfinder given the size of the camera it seems like it should fit.

Dave

Godfrey

BTW, I put a query into the last post I made on the "new Leica X type 113" thread. I'm concerned that my camera might have some problems:

- I'm not getting any GPS data with the EVF fitted.
- The status light does not indicate focus/exposure lock.
- Setting Auto Review to OFF does not actually turn it off: I still get a second long flash of the last exposure I make.

Could you check your cameras' operation on these things? I can exchange it or get Leica involved at this point.

G