The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Hassy H4D/60 Data Sheet

Hi Christopher.

Well that depends a little! As you have seen from PO the Dalsa sensors behave differently to Kodak regarding long exposures. So we will wait a short while longer to see what can be achieved.

David

Christopher

Well yes I know that from my P65, just wanted to know if perhaps Hassi found a new way to extend the expsoure to let's say 5 or 15 minutes. If I read your replay correct it is more like the P65 which is around 30-60 seconds depending ISO and shooting conditions, am i right ?

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Why do so many people need/want 5 minute exposures?
Most do not.

Here is a longer exposure: H3D II 39 ISO 50 15 seconds HC 80 at F5.6...taken at 0400am. Internal clock was off in the EXIF data. 5 minutes would not have captured what was evident at the time.

I imagine for ethereal water or sky longer exposures may work.

Bob

Last edited:
I was a little concerned about the P65+'s lack of long exposure capabilities, but still bought it over the P45+. Honestly, for interiors (the bulk of my work) at ISO 50, I'm rarely longer than 4 seconds.

fotografz

I was a little concerned about the P65+'s lack of long exposure capabilities, but still bought it over the P45+. Honestly, for interiors (the bulk of my work) at ISO 50, I'm rarely longer than 4 seconds.
Nice work Chris. Lots of folks don't really know how much work goes into shots like this. :thumbup:

Thanks, guys. I think I did manage that one in under three hours ; ) I started by turning off all the ambient lighting in the foreground, setting up maybe 15 hotlights... 3 of those and a silk hidden behind the column in the middle of the shot. I love the challenges of lighting maybe more than any other aspect of my work...