Site Sponsors

Thread: Chinese-made Contax G1 replica lens hoods work with the 20mm/f1.7 lens...

Post Thanks / Like

Chinese-made Contax G1 replica lens hoods work with the 20mm/f1.7 lens...

The logical choice is probably the 8mm deep GG-2 for the G1's 45mm lens, but to my surprise, even the 18mm deep GG-3 hood for the 90mm lens (shown below) works with only very mild vignetting (which is actually a nice effect on some photos.) I originally bought this set of hoods on eBay for my Sigma DP-1 and IIRC, they were dirt cheap and easily repainted satin black to be less obvious...

Administrator, Instructor Guy Mancuso's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: Chinese-made Contax G1 replica lens hoods work with the 20mm/f1.7 lens...

You have a link to e-bay for them. I want a small hood for the 20mm
    Photography is all about experimentation and without it you will never learn art.

www.guymancusophotography.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Mancuso View Post
    You have a link to e-bay for them. I want a small hood for the 20mm
    Unfortunately, I can't access eBay from my work computer ($&$^@!) but I'll poke around tonight and find it for you.

FYI, here's a photo of the 4mm deep GG-1 hood on my GF1 and it appears to be a good match for it.

I'll either paint it black this weekend or simply use the GG-2 hood that's leftover from my DP-1 days.

loa

I found them easily by typing gg-2 into ebay. there may be more than one seller, the first result I saw was all black.

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Just as Ioa said:

http://cgi.ebay.com/metal-hood-cap-s...item19afb3c962

I have 46mm accessories from my UV-Planar 60/4, including a collapsible rubber hood from B+W but these look better.

Any examples (with vignetting) pictures to show Audii-Dudii?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vivek View Post
    Any examples (with vignetting) pictures to show Audii-Dudii?
    Nothing worth showing, unfortunately, as I'm still stuck behind my desk. I'll take a few of a white wall later today so you can better gauge the extent of it and post them up here...

Post Thanks / Like

This is indeed where I bought my four-piece set back in early 2008, except they are silver and IIRC, cost $19.95 for the four pieces.

OzRay

You can find a full range of good qaulity hood here (I just received one today, very good): http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/Heavy...0Q2em14?_pgn=1

Cheers

Ray

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

This is the jinfinance black Contax GG-1 equivalent (sorry for the cell phone pic, don't have another digital handy.)