The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Does GF-1 have focus capture?

...that is to say, compose, meter, press the shutter, then manually focus, and when the chosen focus point comes into focus, the picture is taken.

Anyone know?

Diane B

Mabelsound, for legacy lenses you set your aperture and the camera meters--you manually focus either with (where you can move the focus area to anywhere you wish within the composition) or without assist and press the shutter button. That's it.

Yes, I understand how it works. Focus capture would automatically trigger the shutter release when the image came into focus. For instance, you could use this to get a picture of somebody walking past without having to time your shot manually--the subject would enter the zone of focus, the camera would detect the focus, and snap the picture. It would also make it easier to manually focus in bright sunlight, when it's difficult to see the screen.

yeah, the new Pentax does...which I sold to buy my GF-1 (now en route)!

To be honest, I never used it on the Pentax. But given the lack of a built-in finder on the Panasonic, I thought it might come in handy. I wasn't sure how common a feature it was.

V

Vivek

Oh, different camera (maker) terminology. Focus trapping was available even in N80. Thanks, Simon, for the translation.