The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

External flash options for G1

f6cvalkyrie

Hi,

I have seen several undetailed setups with external flashes posted here by different people.

I am looking currently to get me some more light for the winter.
My primary use would be for macro-shooting and portret.

I own an very old professionnal flash setup from "Pro", that I could connect to my Nikons via the usual sync cable. Is there an accessory for the G1 that could receive this sync cable ?

TIA for your info !
Rafael

pellicle

Hi

I also use an older flash, I use a Metz, and one of these.

Cheap as chips and does the trick to sync. I find the wireless to be a benefit as I can move without getting tangled. You could then put optical slave triggers on additional strobes as required to sync them in with the main "paf"

I went back this way after my 10D refused to work with my 430EZ based flash system for my EOS outfit. I was most pissed off with that and it kept me from moving to digital for a few years after the E-TTL stuff started.

I don't like being burnt like that (and know to some extent how the FD owners felt)