The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Quarter-full sensor for m4/3?

iiiNelson

I believe his original point is that he wants a better type of sensor that does a "clean" 6MP versus the current 12MP. I think it was a honest thought in request but there are many other factors (sensor dynamics, optics, sensor size, converters, software, etc.) that contribute to the output beyond just the sensor type and there in lies the "misunderstandings."

I don't believe most people were trying to be rude or disagree with you in principle. They were merely explaining that you can't "chop" a Sony Alpha FF sensor into 1/4 and expect the out put to be the exact same. If that were true then no one would buy the higher end A900 if they could get the same look from an A230.

M

meilicke

I believe his original point is that he wants a better type of sensor that does a "clean" 6MP versus the current 12MP. I think it was a honest thought in request but there are many other factors (sensor dynamics, optics, sensor size, converters, software, etc.) that contribute to the output beyond just the sensor type and there in lies the "misunderstandings."

I don't believe most people were trying to be rude or disagree with you in principle. They were merely explaining that you can't "chop" a Sony Alpha FF sensor into 1/4 and expect the out put to be the exact same. If that were true then no one would buy the higher end A900 if they could get the same look from an A230.
Excellent summary, thank you. :)