Site Sponsors

Thread: Aperture update for GF1 EP1 and EP2

Marty L.

Aperture update for GF1 EP1 and EP2

The update for raw formats is now available. Among other cameras such as the X1 and M9 it includes the GF1, EP1 and EP2.

Ziggie

Re: Aperture update for GF1 EP1 and EP2

Does anyone know if Aperture/iPhoto honors the opcodes in the raw files (camera native or DNGs) of micro 4/3 cameras. In other words correction of barrel distortion, CA and such. Thanks.

Ziggie

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggie View Post
    Does anyone know if Aperture/iPhoto honors the opcodes in the raw files (camera native or DNGs) of micro 4/3 cameras. In other words correction of barrel distortion, CA and such. Thanks.

Ziggie
    HI There Ziggie
    Good point - I've been looking at some shots with the 14-42 lens, and my gut reaction is:
    lens correction - yes!
    CA correction - no
    However, the CA corrector in A3 is fab, and a little tweak will move anything the kitlens can produce away in a second.

Just this guy you know

Post Thanks / Like

Just FYI to anyone installing this update: Although the update did not require a restart, I had to restart my Mac before it would recognize my GF1 raw files as supported. At first I thought that maybe these files still weren't supported, but after a restart they open in Preview/iPhotot/Aperture just fine.

Ziggie

Quote Originally Posted by jonoslack View Post
    HI There Ziggie
    Good point - I've been looking at some shots with the 14-42 lens, and my gut reaction is:
    lens correction - yes!
    CA correction - no
    However, the CA corrector in A3 is fab, and a little tweak will move anything the kitlens can produce away in a second.
    Hi Jono,
    Thanks for this info. BTW, didn't I see you strolling along the harbour in Chania with a Kodak SLRn Pro in your hand several years ago?

Ziggie