The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Issue with Ciecio 7 Canon FD to Micro 4/3 adapter

Ive bought one of those Ciecio 7 Canon FD to Micro 4/3 adapters from ebay. However, when I mount a Canon FD lens to it, the lens turns freely and there is nothing to hold it or lock it in place. The lens just comes right out of the adapter with gravity. Is there some piece that's missing? Ive contacted the seller (Ciecio 7) and I'm waiting for a reply.

Oops...it seems that it does work properly after all. I had aligned the lens with the wrong red dot. I'm still a bit puzzled why there are two red dots on this adapter rather than one. Though now it looks like I have another dilemma. I mounted my Canon FD 24mm f2.8 lens on to the adapter and when I rotated the aperture ring, the aperture blades will only move from f9.5 down to f22. In other words, they will not open any larger than f9.5. Oh well...it's probably close to optimum performance at f9.5 anyway.