Site Sponsors

Thread: Interesting article at Luminous Landscape

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Interesting article at Luminous Landscape

Looks like Michael is still enjoying his G1

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/es...ark-side.shtml

As he says we need a couple of fast lenses. Bring it on Panny, Oly, Leica!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Interesting article at Luminous Landscape

I just finished reading it Terry and had copied the URL to bring here--but you beat me to it LOL.

I agree about faster lenses, but I spent all day yesterday shooting with the little FD 35 f/2.8 in quite dark circumstances. I rather wish I had bought the f/2 and the 50 f/1.4 instead of using my old 50 f/1.8, but I got smaller lenses by choosing f/2.8 (or picking up maybe 1/2 a stop with the f/1.8 instead of f/1.4). The FD 24 f/2 is biggish (relatively) so again chose the f/2.8--but I really want the 20 f/1.7--AF (but wouldn't give up that MF assist for anything) and SMALL--and FAST.

Diane

Super Duper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes, my 50 lux (f1.4) is quite nice on the G1 and the MF makes them so useable. But like you having the 20 (f1.7) with AF will be great. I know we need a macro lens so the f2.8 version will be welcome but at the same time I would have liked one longer very fast prime with AF.

Ranger 9

I have trouble trusting a "writer" who doesn't know the difference between discrete (constituting a separate entity or part) and discreet (unobtrusive.) But his observation that some photographers obsess too much about noise at the expense of picture content was worth making.

milapse

Quote Originally Posted by TEBnewyork View Post
    Yes, my 50 lux (f1.4) is quite nice on the G1 and the MF makes them so useable. But like you having the 20 (f1.7) with AF will be great.
    I know I'll love the AF when it comes in the 1.7/20 but for the moment I'm in love with the following c-mounts:

-Schneider Cinegon 1.8/10mm (black tube)
    -Schneider Xenon 1.4/16mm (black tube)
    -Schneider Xenoplan 1.9/25mm
    -Angenieux (B&H version) 0.95/25mm
    -Schneider Cinegon 2/50mm

They are all really awesome one stop shy of wide open and very 'stylish' wide open! I'm getting very quick with the zoom focus on the G1 as practice builds... The GH1 can't come soon enough!

Speaking of psudo-macro... The Cinegon 1.8/10mm focuses to about 3-4 inches!
    Last edited by milapse; 6th April 2009 at 06:08.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like

One really has to be discreet when shooting subjects as discrete as hotel windows and..uh...thongs.

Milapse, if you had to pick only one of those 25mm lenses, which one would be?

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Yes, it's been nice to see Michael coming in line with (my) reality wrt real world image quality over the last few articles. I wonder what he'll think of the new Olympus E-620?

Kind Regards

Brian

milapse

Quote Originally Posted by monza View Post
    One really has to be discreet when shooting subjects as discrete as hotel windows and..uh...thongs.
    Good use of articulated lcd for 'below the waist'..

Quote Originally Posted by monza View Post
    Milapse, if you had to pick only one of those 25mm lenses, which one would be?
    Right now I'm giving it to the Angenieux @ F/2 (barely edges out the xenoplan and is easy to operate). It's also nice to have 2 more stops 'if needed'.