The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Olympus picture leak

pellicle

Hi

like you my first SLR was an OM-1 ... but

I started with an om1... wonder why the camera that we all want cant be made.
would that be one camera?

anyway, for me at least I really (really) like this design. The only fly on the ointment would be if it doesn't have a tilt swivel screen

jonoslack

However its difficult to see why after so complicated a publicity campaign that it seems a pen f is an impossibility,I frankly dont believe that this is the case and wonder why the camera that we all want cant be made.
HI Neil
because a pen F, being a true SLR has a mirror assembly, which means that:
1. the lens registration distance is much greater than for this camera, which means that if they had done that you would no longer be able to use leica lenses etc.
2. the lenses and camera itself would have been bigger (this should be smaller than a pen F).

What is true, is that they should be able to make a standard 4/3 camera the size of the pen F . . . and, actually, the E450 isn't that much bigger.

hope this helps
:)

Riley

there is apparently Pen F adapter too Jono

anyone have a resource for Pen F lenses ?
like a list or something

Audii-Dudii

It looks like the "poor man's digital back" for my view camera that I've been waiting for lo these many years is soon to arrive! Because Olympus has wisely chosen not to follow in Panasonic's faux-DSLR footsteps and is (apparently) leaving off the grip on the right side of the body, the EP-1 should work well in this application and require only a simple adapter in order to attach it to my Toyo view camera's rear standard. I will miss the articulated LCD, but it's nowhere near a deal killer.

If this is indeed the final form-factor for the EP-1, then I will order one as Amazon.com starts accepting pre-orders. I can't wait to start shooting stitched images with my 38mm Zeiss Biogon (adapted from a Hasselblad SWC) and 50mm Mamiya Press Biogon-clone lenses again!

Will

Well I'm going to have to get one as soon as I can, I won't be able to sleep at night otherwise :p

Audii-Dudii

uh oh...
why do i get the feeling he's going to saw the front off this thing...
I've actually contemplated doing that to my G1 (who needs the built-in flash, anyway?) and as you know, I did do some surgery on my L1 the first time I attempted to accomplish this. Fortunately, it appears no body modifications will be required of the EP-1, which is why I'm starting to get so excited about it.

Riley

thanks Monza
some pricey little suckers there, considering they dont fit anything else !

clay stewart

It looks cool, but the apparent lack of aperture or shutter dial is disappointing and not to sound negative, but those dang strap lugs look awfully close to the ones on the E420, hope they don't disrupt the grip, like they do on the E400 series.

clay stewart

Another thing that would be nice, is to have a distance scale on the lens, since there is no viewfinder, but that probably would have made the lens larger.

monza

It's curious how a $2500 Leica lens is considered ok, but $600 or so for a Pen lens is pricey :)

Photomorgana

It's curious how a $2500 Leica lens is considered ok, but $600 or so for a Pen lens is pricey :)
I agree :)

Well, $600 for 42/1.2 or 60/1.5 is fine. (I think its too much for 38/1.8 :) although its a good lens too.

I am contemplating what to buy next... (I have the major players 42mm and 60mm)
So what should I go for - 20/3.5 or 38/3.5 or 250/5

Any feedback about these lenses?