The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Vibration reduction is pretty cool

ryc

I shot this hand held at f2 1/10th of a sec. Not a great picture but it shows what the vibration reduction can do for you :)

P

panyawong

I could not agree more. 1/10sec handheld is useful in below situation ( w/ 300mm) as well.

ryc

So far I have been very impressed with this camera and the Zeiss glass is out of this world. I now have the 85, 135 and 16-35

JT

S

Shelby Lewis

Testing the SS this evening in my garage... ahem... office :eek: this evening with a new, cheap lens... Sony 28/2.8

WOW!

Using the oft-maligned sony 28/2.8 at 1/4 second (yep one-quarter of a second)... big wedding tomorrow, and you can see all my lights and stuff strewn about in the background :D

100% crop... not beautiful, but pretty darn good at ISO 800, 1/4 second, wide open... bit of motion blur, bit of wide open softness... but imminently usable.

I love this camera :D

ptomsu

Workshop Member
This is pretty impressive - both image stabilization and that cheap lens results :cool:

Tells me that we have access now to an immense lineup on "cheap" Sony and Minolta lenses which are at least performing above good average. This is very important if you look for a specific lens for a specific need and do not want to put the extra money in it because you need it only very rarely.

My first camera was a Minolta SRT101 - yes you know now how old I could be :cool: - and from this time I know how GOOD and EXCELLENT Minolta lenses always were! Great quality for good and fair prices. And you can use all the AF Minolta glass also on the A900 and you get IS for free!

I also love this camera ;)

ecsh

The IS is what led me to purchase this camera, besides the great IQ of the photos i was seeing. I was sick of purchasing VR lens for the Nikon. Every lens will work on the A900 and the IS is just a bonus.
Joe