The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Bicycles of all Types

Godfrey

I figured these photos belonged in this thread too...

Given that we're on Shelter at Home ordinance and outdoors exercise activities are both permissible and safe, presuming you follow the Social Distancing rules, I took my ride yesterday up the San Tomas Trail to Alviso, then back. I had the Polaroid SLR670x with me. As I passed Levi's Stadium, I stopped to snap a couple of photos of my new bicycle, SBG, with the stadium as backdrop.

Polaroid SLR670x by MiNT
Polaroid Originals 600 B&W
ISO 600 @ f/8 @ 1/250, Yellow filter

It's almost completely sorted now, other than a more comfortable seat (this one is nice for six to seven miles, but a little hard for longer than that on the road) and the carbon wheels (waiting on delivery of the rims and the build). I'll fit the new seat today before I go for a ride. It's a lovely bike in every way, and the frame is at least as high quality as the Fatboy was. A bad time turned good. I'm happy. :)

Stay safe, stay healthy, keep your spirits up!

enjoy! G

Godfrey

A couple more in my ongoing series of "Bicycle As Cat" ... LOL!

From yesterday's isolation ride, in Japan Town, San Jose, CA:

SBG in Japan Town - San Jose 2020
iPhone 11 Pro, Portrait mode

Polaroid SLR670x on Polaroid Originals 600 B&W

The bike is beautiful and works as well as it looks. I fitted a different saddle on Friday ... my initial choice for the build was a bit too stiff/hard for extended street riding, would be perfectly suitable for more dirt/trail use. The saddle fitted to it now is the current equivalent of what I had on the Fatboy and prior bikes and good for extended riding on the road.

The last piece to fuss with is going to be the carbon wheels I'm having built. The rims were delayed in shipment due to shipping restrictions from China on the company's usual shipper. I've since authorized shipment via DHL or FEDEX at extra cost—they do not have these restrictions—so I expect to receive the rims and deliver them to my wheel builder in about a week's time. (He works from home on a regular basis anyway, so once he has them it should be a quick job for him to do the build.)

Keep your spirits up, help beat this miserable bug! Onwards! - G