The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Architecture, Buildings, and Structures

stngoldberg

I’m taking an online course on architectural photography with the Rhode Island School of Design begining this June.
Professor giving the course is excellent.
Maybe some of you will sign up and enjoy the course with me.
In the past RISD photography courses have been very enlightening.
Stanley

darr

Fabulous Fox

FOX THEATER, ATLANTA
Hasselblad 903 SWC + Kodak Ektachrome

--

From back in the days when I did this for a living, shot around 1992.
The client paid for ownership of the originals, but I have a few scraps left from the job.
The ceiling was/is made of fabric and had lots of stains.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Darr

pegelli

King of feel weird posting this here as the people watching this thread seem to be the same people that watch the Fuji X thread. ;)
I don't mind where people post, I look everywhere. So I prefer if people only post every photo just once, but even they don't that's no biggie.

Btw, I like this image, reminds me of the work of Michael Wolf

Audii-Dudii

I have a strange relationship with architecture, because it's a central part of my photography and I use architectural-oriented equipment (i.e., DIY-modified cameras having in-camera movements), but for the most part, my photography is not focused on the buildings.

Instead, my interest lies with capturing the scenes / moods that surround them -- in some sense, the architectural elements are merely incidental -- which is why I typically photograph late at night. For example:

Truth be told, I really enjoy the experience of exploring these areas late at night -- always on foot, because no "drive by shooting" for me, thank you! -- and would probably continue to do so even if I wasn't also taking photos. For me, the photography is just a bonus! :)

pegelli

As mentioned before I'm working on a project to docuemt all the remaining WW1 and WW2 installations around Antwerp on B&W film. Yesterday I took a bicycle ride to two forts that are a bit further from my home (slightly more than 1 hour cycling) and since I had one empty spot in my bag I decided to also take my NEX6 and PZ16-50 along. That way one outing gives me the instant gratification of digital as well as the delayed gratification of seeing the negatives emerge from the development tank :)

First Fort Broechem

1: Main entrance

2: However the bridge over the moat is gone :loco:

After that I cycled on to Kessel for the second fort of the day. This one was interesting, most forts are usually conceiled by many bushes and trees, but this one is much more visible as the local community is keeping the entire front of the fort free of shrubs

3: The fort and its reflection in the moat

4: Main entrance (note the much nicer gate as compared to Fort Broechem above)

5: The entire front of the fort

LR stitch of 3 handheld landscape oriented shots

All NEX6 + E16-50PZ

darr

Reece Service Station

Nikon F3 + Hazy Zoom + Kodak VPS

This was one of the filming locations used in the film, Driving Miss Daisy. It is located in Douglas County Georgia. One of my favorite type of structures to visit and photograph are old gas stations. I like their signage and the old advertising art many have preserved.