Site Sponsors

Thread: canon 135L or hassy 150+ adapter

Post Thanks / Like

canon 135L or hassy 150+ adapter

hey guys.

when i shoot concerts i use my canon 5dmkii and some lenses but when i am further away in the crowd, i use my hasselblad 110mm F lens with a adapter. it works great and i get some of my best shots with it.

i see someone has a hasselblad 150mm FE for sale and i was thinking of picking up a canon 135l to get a little extra length .

am i better off getting the hassy lens or the canon? they are both about the same price.

tetsrfun

Re: canon 135L or hassy 150+ adapter

Quote Originally Posted by drazin View Post
    hey guys.

when i shoot concerts i use my canon 5dmkii and some lenses but when i am further away in the crowd, i use my hasselblad 110mm F lens with a adapter. it works great and i get some of my best shots with it.

i see someone has a hasselblad 150mm FE for sale and i was thinking of picking up a canon 135l to get a little extra length .

am i better off getting the hassy lens or the canon? they are both about the same price.
    I just ordered a Hasselblad 150mm f/2.8..can't compare to the Canon but a 'blad 150mm f/2.8 F will be about 60% the cost of an FE in similar condition. Using "F" series lenses with an adapter, the electrical contacts of the FE aren't usable.

Steve

Post Thanks / Like

very good point.

Post Thanks / Like

the 135L is one of the best Canon lenses and is an astonishing performer. If you need the AF and the extra reach, this is one hell of a lens. It is exceedingly sharp and with great bokeh.