Site Sponsors

Thread: Canon FD lenses to EOS R mount

Post Thanks / Like

Canon FD lenses to EOS R mount

I'm curious if anyone has used FD lenses on a mirrorless EOS R? I'm specifically interested if you can achieve focus magnification when adapting these lenses. Fast, 1.2 lenses could certainly benefit from this.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Canon FD lenses to EOS R mount

Haven't tried an FD adapter, but I did try a Leica M adapter on my R and the the magnify function still worked.

Super Duper

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jdphoto View Post
    I'm curious if anyone has used FD lenses on a mirrorless EOS R? I'm specifically interested if you can achieve focus magnification when adapting these lenses. Fast, 1.2 lenses could certainly benefit from this.
    I purchased this adapter last year on Amazon and it worked well with several FD lenses.

Carl
    Gallery

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, I ordered the Novoflex adapter for my RP and tried the FD 85mm 1.2 L. Oh my goodness, what an amazing piece of glass! The build quality is on par or better than my Leica M 50mm Summilux (pre) and the images have some of the best color and character of any lens i've used to date. These are also a bargain compared to the RF version. I own the RF 50mm 1.2 and can say for certain that the FD is as good and perhaps even better for my style of photography. No AF, but no focus by wire either. There's something to be said for fully mechanical photo gear and when this is paired with my F1, even better!
    Both phots taken with the FD 85mm 1.2L.
    Attached Images Attached Images