Site Sponsors

Thread: GFX 50R menu lock?

Post Thanks / Like

GFX 50R menu lock?

Hi all. Stay safe. My wife and I have been going on photo outings to deserted places. I have been using the Gfx 50R. I struggle with the menu system to get the camera set up the way I prefer it. The camera manual does not even have an index! When I think I have the camera set up to my liking, during a long shooting session (like today), I always seem to inadvertently push a button which fouls up my set up. Today, half way through my photo session, I noticed the LCD screen did not show the image I was photographing. It showed a black screen with all kinds of info, but no image. I still finished my photo session, as I usually use the eye level finder. When I got home I scoured the instruction book to see how to bring back the LCD screen image, but could not find it. Accidentally I fixed it with the DISP BACK button. Every photo session I somehow foul up another setting. Here is my question: Is there a "Magic bullet" setting whereas NOTHING WILL CHANGE until the setting is purposely over ridden? Yes, I am a senior, age 83, so go easy on me please. TIA.
    Dave in Nj
    MODERN PICTORIALS

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Re: GFX 50R menu lock?

Hello Dave,

I don't know that there is such a setting, however I found that the thing that caused me this problem was the Q button. It falls right under my hand and I was forever pressing it. I disabled the Q button and life became a great deal easier.

I'll see if I can dig up the right page in the manual for how to do that.

Try page 195 of the manual and set the Q menu to None, I think!

Regards
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by gurtch View Post
    Hi all. Stay safe. My wife and I have been going on photo outings to deserted places. I have been using the Gfx 50R. I struggle with the menu system to get the camera set up the way I prefer it. The camera manual does not even have an index! When I think I have the camera set up to my liking, during a long shooting session (like today), I always seem to inadvertently push a button which fouls up my set up. Today, half way through my photo session, I noticed the LCD screen did not show the image I was photographing. It showed a black screen with all kinds of info, but no image. I still finished my photo session, as I usually use the eye level finder. When I got home I scoured the instruction book to see how to bring back the LCD screen image, but could not find it. Accidentally I fixed it with the DISP BACK button. Every photo session I somehow foul up another setting. Here is my question: Is there a "Magic bullet" setting whereas NOTHING WILL CHANGE until the setting is purposely over ridden? Yes, I am a senior, age 83, so go easy on me please. TIA.
    Dave in Nj
    MODERN PICTORIALS
    Instagram
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Mike, I will do that right away.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Mike, I found that when I went to the quick menu, which I had never used, the white balance was set to something other than "AUTO", by accident. I set everything to "none", except self timer, image quality and white balance, which I may have occasion to use. I must admit, using the instruction manual I still struggled to set the "none" settings. I ended up using the set up menu to do it.
    Hopefully this will help eliminate my inadvertently changing settings. Remember when you had a light meter in one hand, and the camera had two settings: shutter speed and f stop? However I also remember hours and hours in the dark room developing negatives and making prints.
    Stay safe.
    Dave
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post