The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

M8 and filters for quick sale

Stuart Richardson

Hello All,
I am offering my M8 for sale. It is in very good condition, and it has been inside a Leicatime half-case for most of the time I have owned it. I bought it new in early 2007. I bought it in the US, as I lived there at the time. Since then, I have used it regularly, but have cared for it well. I do not know how many pictures I have taken with it, but the numbering says 700 something. I know I have taken over 10,000, so it must have been reset at some point...probably with the last firmware update.

In any case, it is in great shape and I have never had any problems with it -- it focuses well with my lenses, and has not had any intermittent errors like some of the earlier M8's have had (this was mostly the first 1000 cameras...mine is around 7000). I did not upgrade the camera, as I did not want to give up the 1/8000th top shutter speed, and the cosmetic upgrades did not interest me.

The optics in the camera are great -- the viewfinder is bright and clear without haze, dust or scratches. The rear LCD is also very clean, though there are some almost imperceptible marks that just come about from using a camera. I will post high resolution photos so that people can get a good look at the condition. The body has some rub marks from being used, being put in and taken out of bags etc...nothing bad, just the fact that I actually used the camera!

The camera will come with the body, front cap, charger, and battery. I have the manual, original strap and boxes as well. I am also including two free UV/IR filters of your choice. I have 2 Leica 46mm UV/IR filters, one Leica 55mm, one Leica 67mm (I think...it might be 60mm), a B+W 49mm filter, and another B+W 46mm. You get whichever two you like, and if you want to buy more, I am happy to sell them.

I am currently in Iceland, but I am coming back to the US for nine days from the 21st-30th. I would like to get the camera sold and shipped during that time if possible.

My asking price is 2300 USD including priority mail shipping to anywhere in the US. I accept paypal, but you will have to add the fees...I am happy to do the personal payment option though, which would mean no fees. I am also happy to ship it internationally, but you would have to include the cost of shipping to your country.

Here are some photos:

Stuart Richardson

Thanks Daniel. No, I am not selling anything else -- I am just moving to the M9, so the m8 itself is up for sale. The strap is from Leicatime -- Luigi Crescenzi's store. I highly recommend it, along with the built-in grip half case.