The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Leica M6 TTL .58 plus Luigi case & strap

popum

I’m selling my beautiful M6 TTL with the .58 viewfinder. This is the Leica for those who wear glasses or just like to shoot wide. I wear glasses and love it with a 35mm lens. Serial number is 2720xxx.

The camera is in excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition. From a cosmetic point of view, the only difference that I can see from a new camera is a minute scratch on the top edge of the back door. This camera has been kept in a Luigi half case. The plastic is still on the bottom plate.

Mechanically it is also excellent. This past summer I felt that the viewfinder vertical alignment was a bit off. This didn’t effect the focusing, but it did bother me. I drove up to Sherry Krauter’s to have her adjust the viewfinder and check all the shutter speeds. The camera now works flawlessly. BTW, if you get a chance to visit Sherry, you should. You’ll get a real Leica education thrown in with the repair work. She’s also a lot of fun.

Okay, so if this is such a great camera why am I selling it? Simple, I decided to go medium format and, staying with my love of rangefinders, I bought a Mamiya 7ii. The M6 is not getting any use and I can use the cash for my never-ending GAS attacks. However, this is not a fire sale and if the M6 stays around for a while it’s not a problem.

In addition to the M6 TTL, I’m selling the black Luigi half case and Luigi adjustable strap that I used with the camera. This is the version with the built in grip. The case is in very good condition. There are no scuffs to the leather and it is just beginning to develop that beautiful patina that good leather gets with handling. The strap is also in very good condition but does show some signs of use since I often kept it wrapped around my wrist while shooting.

The camera come with the presentation case, outer box, instruction manual in German, the Leica strap in its original wrapping (never opened), and other papers that were packed with camera. I’m also throwing in extra batteries and a couple of rolls of film.

My price for the package is $ 1,500. The camera alone is $1,350 and the case and strap is $ 200. However, I won’t sell the case alone unless the camera alone sells first. Insured shipping in the US is $ 25. Verified PayPal addresses only. I’ll pick-up the PayPal charges if you buy the full $1,500 package.

I’m located in Fairfield County, CT and local pick-up can be arranged here or in Manhattan. Local pick-up saves you the shipping and me the PayPal costs, plus you get to handle the camera before you buy. You can check my feedback on ebay… boxster00.

Thanks for reading this.

I

InHisImage

Would it be possible to ship the camera to Israel, provided all the expenses covered and details clarified?