The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 $300

Z

zzyzx

I have a nice, clean Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 lens for sale. The reason for the sale is a nice, new 85mm f/1.2. Can't justify keeping both.

The lens works just fine. I shoot for myself and a fair amount of sports for a weekly newspaper and a few schools in our area. The 85 has some slight marks on the coating. I can photograph them so you can see them if you are interested. I never noticed any effect on photos from it. Happened when I was photographing stock car racing and the mud from the cars in a turn nailed three of us as the cars went out of control. I wiped it off and kept shooting and no problems. But, you need to know it is there.

I shot with EOS 40D an d1DMkII bodies using the lens until I got the f/1.2 version a few months ago. Now the v/1.8 sits and I need to get rid of it.

PM me for photos if you are interested. Am in North Dakota, USA if that makes a difference in shipping/purchasing. I will be happy to answer any questions about I have been the only owner. Purchased it new and had no complaints in use.

I am new on this board and will be happy to answer any questions. If you are interested PM and I will give my phone so we can talk on the lens if you want. I use the gear, I don't collect it so what is not being used has to go. I really like having the f/1.2 of the new lens for some of my work even as the faster lens focuses more slowly than the 1.8.. and is a lot bigger and heavier.

Last edited: