The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Konica Hexar RF with 50mm f/2 M-Hexanon

T

tjkp

I'm selling a Konica Minolta Hexar RF manual focus rangefinder camera with an M-Hexanon 50mm f/2 lens. The Hexar RF is a fantastic rangefinder that is often compared to the Leica M. Indeed, the Hexar's finder is considered to be one of the best next to Leica's, and the Hexar mount will accept Leica lenses. I have used this camera body with the M-Hexanon lens included here, as well as with Voigtlander and Leica lenses (all M-mount), and they all function flawlessly with this camera. If you're starting your Leica collection and already have a few lenses, this Hexar is a great body to pair them with. It's also a great way to get into high quality rangefinder photography without breaking the bank.

The camera has a motor winder with infrared advance (the frame advance is so accurate, I consistently get 38 frames out of a 36 exposure roll), auto and manual exposure with compensation up to +/- 2 stops, and shutter speeds up to 1/4000th. Mechanically, the camera is in excellent shape. I have put a dozen rolls of film through it in the couple years I've owned it, and have never experienced any problems with the camera functions. Exposure compensation is accurate and the metering is pretty spot on. The viewfinder is big and bright and just a pleasure to use. There is some cosmetic wear from rubbing along the edges, but no dents or dings, and nothing that interferes or impacts the performance of the camera. This Hexar has never been dropped or banged around, and the rangefinder is as accurate as the day I pulled it out of the box. Camera serial number is 1445663.

The M-Hexanon 50mm f/2 lens is the original kit lens that came with this camera. This is a Leica M-mount lens made by Konica Minolta along with a handful of other focal lengths created for this camera. The M-Hexanon lenses are superb, the equal of the Zeiss glass for the Contax cameras and the M lenses for Leicas. This 50mm is tack sharp wide open, the aperture and focus rings are smooth, and it's easy to focus. The aperture blades are clean, the glass is pristine, and I'm including the B+W UV filter that I've kept on this lens. There is some cosmetic wear on the focus and aperture rings, but you have to look close to see it and it doesn't impact the performance of the lens. Lens serial number is 3216309.

I no longer have the original box for this kit. When I purchased this kit it did not come with a body cap for the camera, so I have kept a lens on the body at all times. The camera includes an unopened spare set of batteries. The lens includes a front and back cap, padded pouch, B+W UV filter, and has a built-in collapsible lens hood.

I'm asking $1,200 shipped within the continental U.S., buyer covers Paypal fees. I will happily consider offers, and am available to answer any questions. Drop me a line at tj (at) tjkphoto.com.

Thanks for looking!