The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M Wide Angle Tri Elmar 16-18-21mm

Don Hutton

I bought this late last year on this forum from Graham Welland. This is a fabulous Leica WATE - 16-18-21mm lens for a Leica M. Included is the lens, hood, front hood cap and rear cap, an extra front hood cap (spare!!), the Leica leather lens case (not shown in the photos), manuals as shown, and the Milich UV/IR glass adapter for use on a Leica M8.

The barrel of the lens has a notable rub as shown - purely cosmetic. There are some faint traces of wear on the focusing ring too. The optics are excellent. On the front element, there is an extremely faint cleaning wisp (I don't think most folks would even discern it, but for the sake of full disclosure, it's there...) - of no optical concern at all. Rear optics are perfect. The lens is working beautifully and is a fabulous part of a Leica M travel kit. $3300 including insured lower 48 shipping. Paypal +3% or a cashier's check or MO. I believe the price is a very good deal on what is a pretty rare and exotic lens.

Last edited:
C

cehoffman

Yes they did. I can only hope for a second chance offer myself :)