The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Kern Macro Switar lenses in C mount in Excellent Condition

DanielT74

I have two hard to find premium lenses from Kern Macro-Switar line. The lenses are both practically mint, as in no easily discernible signs of use and come with original caps, hoods and leather case. Made in Switzerland, these will work well in crop sensors with some vignetting on APS-C. Ideal for smaller sensors, they produce gorgeous colour, contrast and bokeh.

1. Kern Macro-Switar 26mm f1.1. This lens would be best suited on a smaller sensor camera such as Nikon V1 or Pentax Q. I used it on Sony NEX-5n where although it vignettes a lot, the rendition was so beautiful, I still kept it for a long time. In addition, it has unmatched build, smooth focus, ingenious depth of field scale and is very small. Asking $1200 nett to me.

2. Kern Macro-Switar 50mm f1.4. This lens covers APS-C sensor wide open and vignettes progressively as you stop it down. A beautiful fast optic with unique rendition. I believe it is apochromatic due to the absence of discernible aberrations. A rare lens and a hidden gem in the Macro Switar lineup. Small and beautifully built like its little brother the 26/1.1. Asking $1400 nett to me.