The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nice Solid Brass Shutter Buttons

JimCollum

got mine as well. great wrok

(only issue i have are spontaneous shots now when i have the M9 turned on and it's hanging over my shoulder.. not specifically your shutter button issue.. but one in general when using shutter buttons on the M9.. makes shooting .. 'easier' :)

)

one of the better deals i've seen. thanks!!!

oliver.lott

Thanks for the feedback everyone. Yes, I too have had that problem in the past with mine and various other soft shutter buttons i have trie. Spose it can't be avoided though

Thanks

D

Deleted member 7792

Ordered on April 1. Haven't received the two I ordered yet (in NC).

Cindy Flood

Super Moderator
I have used soft shutter buttons on my Leicas for years. I just ordered a brass softie from Ollie. My method of keeping the shutter button from tripping or wearing out my battery is to use a small woman's coated one-piece hair band. Just wrap it around under the button a couple of times before putting the camera back in your bag.;) Only takes a second on and off and keeps the button from engaging.

oliver.lott

Thanks everyone for the great feedback and the tip cindy! sent your replacements out today Joe. Still got more if anyone would like to order

ollie

Gary Clennan

The newest Leica camera (M240) has a different thread pitch on the shutter release button. I think all prior M models had the same threads...

D

Deleted member 7792

Oliver,

Thanks very much for sending the two replacements. The first two are probably lost somewhere in the postal system. The buttons are well machined and have a look and feel superior to any other buttons I've owned. :thumbs:

I can confirm that the buttons do not fit the threads of the M Monochrom (which I have). And they likely don't fit the threads of the M 240 (which I don't have yet).

They are perfect for the M9 and prior M-system shutter releases.

Thanks again,

Joe

oliver.lott

Thanks very much Joe. and thanks for letting me know that they don't fit the new models. what exactly is different about the threads?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 7792

Oliver,

The thread pitch is different for the M Monochrom and the M 240 (for whatever reason). The "old" shutter release buttons and some "old" cable releases thread in only part way on the new cameras. It's been discussed on various forums, but I haven't (obviously) been paying attention. Your brass buttons thread in only part way on my M Monochrom.

Joe

jonw

Purchased one and it would not work on my XPro 1 or any other camera I tried it on. Very frustrating trying to communicate with this seller. I got an email offering a refund to which I responded that I would rather have a shutter release that would work. I never got a response to my last email !

Froyd

I think Oliver has moved recently. He had been very communicative in the past and very helpful; however, of late he has been harder to reach. To his credit, he was very quick to refund my purchase, but I would have much rather have had one of his nice soft release...