The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Planoconvex (PCX) filter for 35mm ZM Distagon on A7/9 cameras

thrice

Hello all,

I made some filters to correct astigmatism and field curvature of the 35mm ZM Distagon on the Sony A7/9 series cameras.

These are in a handy 49mm filter thread and silver colour to match the nose of the lens.
You can also use a lens spanner or rubber tool to take the retaining ring out of the filter and attach the glass directly to your lens.

PCX5000.jpgPCX5000-2.jpgPCX5000-3.jpgPCX5000-4.jpg

I take absolutely no responsibility whatsoever if you tamper with your lens or these filters. They are provided on an as-is basis with no exceptions. Caveat Emptor.

If you need to know more about what these filters can do please see my thread here:
https://www.getdpi.com/forum/sony/61803-front-filter-corrects-corner-smearing.html
The results are pretty damn great and there is a lot of info in this thread: Front-End Filter Improves Corner Smearing - FM Forums
I've since tested the centre again and I see no resolution drop. I may have slightly misfocused in the original test shots.

These are graded from good to average condition and priced accordingly. They cost me a bucketload to have made so I just want to recoup SOME of the costs.
The imperfections are barely visible in good light and need exceptionally bright light to show the flaws as you will see below. The coatings are excellent in terms of flare resistance (multicoated both sides) but not quite as durable as nano and MRC coatings so take care cleaning them.

I will upload them in order of decreasing price and condition.
PCX5000-6.jpg
$120
PCX5000-7.jpg
$110
PCX5000-8.jpg
$100
PCX5000-9.jpg
$90
PCX5000-10.jpg
$80

All prices are NET NET to me via PayPal (buyer covers fees or PayPal gift) and do not include post.
I am in Australia so post within Aus will be about $15 via insured express post.
International probably about $25 by normal international mail or $40 by courier. All prices in USD.

If anything is unclear at all you must ask me via PM before buying as I will not be offering returns unless I have misrepresented what I'm selling.

thrice

Bump

Still have 4 filters, I'll offer free returns (buyer pays return post) to getdpi members if you are not satisfied with the performance!