The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Rollei 6006 with 80mm HTF plannar + extras

gambaphoto

SO this one needs someone who is already in the system or who wants to add a little to get into the system.

The camera body is in great condition and fully operational, the lens is clean and clear and again in great condition. Also included is a bayonet to 67mm thread filter adapter, 3 film inserts, 1 film insert case and metal lens hood.

here are the caveats,

- The film back need a replaceable latch piece very common and Rollei made them easy to replace with only 2 small screws however they seem to be a bit hard to find. I have talked with Dave at Key Camera in CO and he does have them but will only replace it as a repair estimated around $45 (still less expensive then another used film back.)

- The battery - if you know these cameras in order to keep them working most batteries have needed to be re-celled with NiMh batteries and this one has already had the re-cell done however it seems to be past it time and needs it. Again Dave and Key Camera also does this and his estimate is only $75 + shipping.

My history with this camera: I just purchased this only to find these problems not listed in the sale. I was able to charge the battery and immediately put it in the camera and test the camera, the camera, shutter and meter are all working. The battery however only lasts about 5-10 minutes. I have now spent the last 3 days researching the broken part for the film back and the battery and I have tried to figure if I want to put in the extra money and time (roughly $125) to get this up and running and using this wonderful system or... get back to shooting. I have decided on the latter.

I am willing to take a hit on this ( just a little I hope) in hopes to see this camera once again used for its glory, they truly are wonderful cameras with amazing glass.

I'm asking $300 including shipping CONUS.
I'm open to reasonable offers or trades so let me know what you think.
If you have any questions please ask away.
Thank you
Paul

Attachments

gambaphoto

UPDATE!!!!!! 2/5/2018

I did find the original replacement part for the film magazine (and actually a second back up part as well) so the film magazine is fully operational. I also was able to charge the battery that I have enough so I could shoot a roll through and everything seems to be running well.

The price will still stand FIRM at $300 shipped in the CONUS net to me

Thank you
Paul