The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nikon Super Coolscan 9000 ED film scanner

Godfrey

I have an excellent condition Nikon SuperCoolscan 9000 ED for sale.

It's absolutely the best film scanner I've ever used for everything from scanning Minox 8x11 to 6x12cm negatives. Works beautifully on macOS, Windows, or Linux with VueScan. I think I have the NikonScan disks for it too, but am not sure on that point; I've never used NikonScan. I'll check if someone is interested; NikonScan stopped being supported years ago on macOS and even on Windows more recently, so I have had little reason to look at it.

The scanner is packaged in the original box and includes all cables and the original carriers. I also have an ANR glass carrier for it too, which I'll bundle with it as I feel it's an essential to get the most out of the scanner.

Price: I see recent sales on Ebay for this scanner in condition and with equipment similar to mine that run between $2500 and $3200. The ANR glass negative carriers usually sell for $400-500. So a reasonable offer in the $3000 range, not including shipping, is what I'd like to get for it from GetDPI folks. Feel free to make an offer that you feel is appropriate and I'll be happy to consider it.

Shipping: It's a large, delicate, and heavy package and needs premium shipping by a good carrier with full insurance. I would think around $100 would cover most locations in the USA, but I'll do the research if and when someone makes an offer for it.

Transparency: I'm also offering this scanner on a couple of other photo forums I participate on, and will likely post it to Ebay for sale in a week if there are no inquiries from any of the non-commercial offerings.

Contact me via PM and send me your email address. We'll continue the conversation in email, unless you prefer to stick with PMs.

best,
G

Last edited: