The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Leica M10

nanthor

I just bought this from the original owner recently to see how I liked it, and I do love it but I've decided my M240 does enough for me so it is up for sale. The camera is near mint with the only issue a very faint area of wear over the right side strap lug (very last picture). This will come with the original box, the outer box, and all items it had when new. I'm not sure how many clicks on the shutter, there are about 8000 on the internal counter but I've read that each time you press the live view button it records 2 counts so surely the count is less than 8K. LCD is perfect, VF perfect, RF perfect. I have a few extras for the camera that I will be selling after the body is sold. Price is $6000.00, there is a discount for avoiding the paypal fees. Thanks, Bob Nancarrow in Michigan.

Attachments

aDam007

Nothing to do with your sale.. But my camera has a black button on the front not a silver (button not lens latch).. So either Leica has switched production colours on us or you have some rare one and should jack up your price by a few thousand :D

nanthor

Nothing to do with your sale.. But my camera has a black button on the front not a silver (button not lens latch).. So either Leica has switched production colours on us or you have some rare one and should jack up your price by a few thousand :D
I looked for another black M10 with the silver button (there are none). Maybe a rogue technician in the Leica factory? The camera was purchased here in USA from a well known store, not in a special kit or anything, just the body in the box like all the rest. Anyways, I'm considering keeping it and selling the M240 since this is not getting much action. Thanks, Bob.

VINCET

I've seen them do weird things sometimes. I remember about a year after the M typ 240 first came out, I got a black one as a certified used body with a white Leitz engraved on the top plate similar to the old M4-2. To this day, I have not come across another one with that engraving. I did sell it but always wonder if it is something special.

aDam007

Yeah who knows with about a 120 different people doing assembly in a somewhat line-like configuration something like that is bound to happen, makes for an interesting camera though and doesn't really take away from the cam, just adds to it.

About the top plate, you can actually request that they be engraved. Maybe it was a request that was never purchased? Or maybe they sent a few out to dealers like that as demos and then allowed the dealers to sell the demo units?

VINCET

That was my guess, that it was a dealer demo or a trade show demo.

Yeah who knows with about a 120 different people doing assembly in a somewhat line-like configuration something like that is bound to happen, makes for an interesting camera though and doesn't really take away from the cam, just adds to it.

About the top plate, you can actually request that they be engraved. Maybe it was a request that was never purchased? Or maybe they sent a few out to dealers like that as demos and then allowed the dealers to sell the demo units?