The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mamiya M645 120mm Apo Macro Kit for Nikon, Can, GFXs, X1D

robmac

Must keep momentum up on long-overdue gear-closet purge before GAS kicks-in.

For sale is a near mint Mamiya M645 120mm APO macro lens with a kit, that while designed for Nikon, can be simply altered for Canon, the X1D or GFXs.

The Mamiya 120M is renowned for its sharpness, color correction and exceptional color tonality. This is the last of my M645 lens and it's a bit of a reluctant parting, but I just don't use it enough. It is sweet glass.

This unit is indistinguishable from new in terms of glass, barrel and focus smoothness.

One thing about this lens I love is that placing accurate focus is a bloody dodel. The lens has so much micro-contrast wide open that you can easily see the focus plane shift fore & aft in even a D800e viewfinder. It only gets easier from their.

Lens comes with:
-------------------
1. A Mamiya M645 #2 extension Tube (call it ~25mm). With the tube between the lens and adapter below, you can fill the sensor with a human eye from about 1' away. The tube has some minor indications of on the barrel, but a non-event.

2. A Fotodiox Mamiya-Nikon Adapter. I've used such adapters for years with no issues. Nice and tight. Using on any other camera is just a matter of securing a different M645-adapter.

2a. A second Fotodiox Mamiya-Nikon adapter & rear cap can be tossed in the box for US$20.

Being an old-school M645 lens, the image circle of the 120M will more than cover the sensor of an X1D or GFXs,

Included will be a front cap and Nikon-compatible rear cap (on the adapter). For some bizarre reason I no longer have a spare M645 rear cap. The very recessed front element means the lens doesn't require a hood as none came with it new.

Price of US$375 includes shipping by normal post in NA. Europe pays based on estimate. Payment by EMT in Canada or by PP (add 3.5%).

Pics to follow

One nice feature of this lens on a Fuji GFX is that it goes to 1:1 magnification, while the Fuji GF version only goes to 1:2.

robmac

Update:
--------
- Consider the remaining Nikon adapter optional at US$25
- Price is now US$350 for lens + tube as result of above
- Lens will of course ship with proper rear element protection. Once mounted on a GFXs, X1D or ____, your respective adapter will have such a cap.
- If the Nikon adapter IS purchased, it will come on the lens with a Nikon-compatible cap.

If were getting an X1D, I'd keep the kit, but moving to an H5D kit as our primary system, any macro work will be done by it.