The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

WTB Nikon Low Milage D810 for $1250

Frankly

Last week I missed a D810 with 7k clicks for $1250. Currently I can buy one for $1300 on FM from a guy with two feedbacks (~eh) but before I do I'll look here since I find more trustworthy sellers on Get DPI than elsewhere.

Prices I'm willing to pay are $1250 for a low milage 0-20k click clean D810 and $1175 for one in the 20-40k click range.

Total price using regular PayPal with insured shipping from established reputable sellers.

Sorry to be so hard nosed but it's not like they're increasing in value, same thing happened with D700s prior.

Frankly

Eh I just bought one D850 and will probably get the second. Will probably sell at least one D810 and you can guess the price.

Frankly

How many actuations on your D810?
Not ready to sell any yet but none of them have that many, 50-60k.

Last week I would have bought a third D810 because I figured I'd skip a generation and keep everything consistent, plus I have a lot of CF cards and wouldn't have to spend money on XQDs. Then I had to send a body back to the camera repair to fix a mistake they made and I felt more exposed, so I ordered a D850 from Samy's in LA (no Cuomo the Idiot sales tax and a nice store credit added on).

I'm going to live with the D850 for a bit and see how big a difference it is for the things I do. Even if I end up with two new D850s I've learned it's a good idea to keep one older body around for nasty conditions, the beach, etc.

Frankly

Buy Canadian, save even more.
I live 90 minutes from Niagara Falls and this is not an unknown concept but... with the Nikon USA warranty scheme I won't do it with Nikon products.

However I did happily reacquaint myself with Robert White UK when buying Zeiss, substantial savings there.

Frankly

Just to avoid further inquires and PLEASE CLOSE this thread.

I ended up cancelling my D850 order and found a clean D810 for $1250. I now have three matching bodies and three primary lenses (28, 105, 300 series e) so I can carry all three ready to go, hopefully with only rare lens changes. An important factor was not having to spend a lot on new XQD cards. It will keep my work consistent, no mismatching between generations, and for all but AF performance and automated AF fine tune I don't see any practical useful difference between the models in how I use them.

If I'm smart I'll start a little slush fund to save up for multiple D900s (or whatever they call them) last of the OVF DSLRs.