The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: $219 Voigtlander (Silver) 75mm f2.5 lens for Leica & other Mirrorless systems

D&A

FS: $219 Voigtlander (Silver) 75mm f2.5 lens for Leica & other Mirrorless systems

Hi All,

Up for sale is my Voigtlander silver color 75mm f2.5 lens for Leica screw and M mt cameras and other mirrorless cameras with an appropriate adaptor. Read the reviews (and also based on my own observations), this Voigtlander comes amazingly close to the performance of the Leica 75mm f2.4/2.5 M lens with maybe a touch less micro contrast and with the Leica maybe having a bit more sharpness in the outer zones when both shot wide open... but that's primarily based on pixel peeing. Considering the hugh price difference, the VC has always been a pretty spectacular buy.

Please read "all" of my following description of why I priced this lens at such a low price to determine if this lens is right for you.

My lens comes with original silver metal front cap, original silver hood, original box, and a generic matching silver rear screw on lens cap. It does NOT come with a screw to M adapter, which can easily be found for a relatively low nominal cost.

Now onto my close examination of the lens inside and out. The VC 75mm cosmetically is very close to a perfect 10 (or 9+++). Focusing is silky smooth, aperture ring and f-stops click into place perfectly, Blades are free of oil. Glass front and back free of scratches or marks.

*** Here is one thing I noticed after a very careful and extensive examination under a very intense, very bright light (otherwise it probably would be missed). There is a faint but detectable, very smooth very even ever so very slight haze. I think quite a few would never even notice it, but I am a stickler for details and it took multiple attempts for me to even be certain of this observation. I have an acquaintance who currently has the exact same lens in black color. After meeting him with my camera and having a shootout with both mine and his lens on my camera, at wide open (f2.5) and every major f-stop. I repeated this for a wide variety of subjects from min distance, mid range and infinity and under different lighting situations. Then I opened every single image in Photoshop and examined each file from edge to edge at 100% pixel peeping. That's how exhaustive I tested both lenses and I have the files .

The upshot in a nutshell? Absolutely not the minutest difference between both these lenses at any f-stop, distance or subject...not even a trace or hint or 1% lower contrast. Nothing. If anything, my lens was maybe a hair sharper at infinity on the very edges, but only by a hair. I was even surprised that 2 samples of the same lens were so consistent with one another.

For this reason alone I decided to price this lens at $219.00 (net to me). Shipping will be free in the lower 48 U.S. CONUS. Alaska, Hawaii & Canada would be at an additional cost.

In my humble opinion, if one is looking for a excellent performing compact 75mm rangefinder lens, especially on a strict budget, its hard to do better than this one.

If you have any questions, please ask. Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

Attachments

Last edited:

D&A

Re: FS: $219 Voigtlander (Silver) 75mm f2.5 lens for Leica & other Mirrorless system

This lens has been SOLD! Thanks everyone.

Dave (D&A)