The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SOLD: My 35mm Summilux ASPH for your (X): solve for X

Okay, here's the deal. I've got this holy grail lens, that I can't use because I pretty much don't shoot 135 film anymore. I know I could sell it for decent nick on ebay, but if I see cash, it's going to start to look too much like rent.

What I'd like to do is to put the lens out there, and see what it attracts in the way of interest.

What I have: A black 35mm Summilux ASPH in perfect optical/mechanical shape, with some signs of use on the barrel (mostly where the share lenshood fitted). The lens came to me without its lenshood, so I replaced it with a very nice round metal hood from ebay.

It focused perfectly on the M8 I used, as well as on my (sadly departed) M6TTL.

It's got a premium filter on the front, and will come with no box or caps, but rather in a wrap.

I would like to trade this for something interesting. I'll list a few possibles, in no particular order:

Kodak Master View 8x10 outfit (i.e., with a modern wide-ish to normal lens and at least a couple of holders, maybe a case/tripod/spot meter)
Other 8x10 field camera (Wehman? Toyo? Tachihara? Shen Hao? Whatcha got?) outfit
8x10 monorail camera outfit--you need to make an argument for why this studio camera is particularly suited to field use

4x5 outfit. I'd love to have a sturdy, flexible field camera, and a range of quality lenses, like 90, 135/150, 210. Talk to me about your Chamonix, Ebony, Toyo, Horseman, Wisner, Shen Hao, or whatever. As with the 8x10, I'd consider a monorail/technical type camera if it's particularly suited to field use (I'm thinking along the lines of the fancy collapsible Toyo VX125 here).

Would consider a 5x7 field camera outfit, particularly if it had a 4x5 back also. I'm mostly a color guy, but have been considering setting up a film processing station.

Mamiya RZ67 outfit. What you got? (Solid outfit plus cash okay too, values to be determined by mutual agreement)

Hasselblad 503CW outfit. What you got? (Solid outfit plus cash okay too, values to be determined by mutual agreement)
Hasselblad SWC/M or 903. Prefer to have focusing adapter and viewer plus back of course.

Rolleiflex SL66 outfit. What you got?

Leica M6+35mm Summicron APSH
Leica M7+ some usable and attractive lens
Leica M6TTL + 35mm Summicron pre-asph or Zeiss ZM 35mm Biogon
Leica M2+35mm Summicron pre-asph and 50mm Dual Range Summicron or 50mm Summilux
Zeiss Ikon with 35 biogon and ?

Mamiya M6 with some lenses
Mamiya M7 outfit

Dynalite light kit. Looking for a couple of Jackrabbits and Uni-Jr.'s, or a 1000w/s pack, a 500w/s pack, and three heads. Whatcha got?
Other lights are also a possibility.

Nikon D700?
Canon 5D Mark II?
Canon 1Ds Mark II?

Killer scanner: Imacon, Nikon 9000 with wet mount, drum something or other--must be capable at least of 6x9, pref. 4x5

Nice wider carriage printer (17"+)

What else? I'm looking to take pictures.

:rolleyes:

Well, that was a long-winded exercise. If it triggers any curiosity or desire, please do not hesitate to email me. Thanks!

Last edited:
Re: FT: My 35mm Summilux ASPH for your (X): solve for X

I've had a couple of interesting trade offers (one in what seems to be very good natured low-level negotiations). But I'm still curious what might be out there.

Want a Summilux ASPH 35? I know where you can get one, for no money!