The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Great Collection of Contax C/Y lenses for sale

jonboring

I am selling my prized collection of C/Y lenses. It took me 5 years to acquire these lenses. I hate to do it but my niche is landscape photography and I can no longer hike and carry the bag (back issues). It is time for someone else to own these. For those of you who are not familiar with these lenses, they were made with rare earth materials that you cannot use today. I have tested these lenses against the new Zeiss lenses and these c/y lenses are at least as good and some are better.

* 35PC $1000 - The best 35mm shift lens ever made. Unshifted, the sharpest 35mm lens ever made. Great landscape lens - easy to set the horizon where you want it.
* 21/2.8 $1600 - Known as the "King" back in the day for its superior performance
* 28.2 $950 - Or the "Hollywood" lens for its frequent use in Hollywood
* 100/2 Macro Planer $575 - Perhaps the sharpest C/Y lens of all. Check out the MTF's. Also a 1:1 macro which you can't get today
* 35-70/3.4 $510 - Little Contax zoom. As sharp as some of the best primes under 55mm. Great walk around & wide angle lens. Comes with original box and bag.
* 135/2.8 Sonnar $300 - Pretty sharp short telephoto

Each lens comes with a C/Y to Canon adapter custom made by Pham Minh Son, a recognized expert of C/Y lenses. The adapters were made for specific C/Y lenses at specific thickness to ensure infinity focus. Each adapter also is chipped. These C/Y to Canon adapters are the best ever made and cost me $1000.

These lenses are from a working photographer's kit. I've hand carried them all over the world. However, I paid about $8K for these lenses and have handled them with extreme care. All are in excellent or good+ condition with no issues.

Price includes Paypal fees, UPS shipping anywhere in continental US.

Pics to follow

jonboring

35PC - SOLD
35-70/2.8 Zoom - SOLD

Price Drop
21/2.8 $1299 not including shipping or fees
28/2 $799 not including shipping or fees
100MP/2.8 $499 not including shipping or fees

Additional pictures provided upon request