The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FS: Rollei/Sinar HY6 + Leaf Aptus-ii 12R + 40/80/120 Macro lenses

dawidloubser

Hi all,

This is my first post here, but I've been a lurker on this fine forum for over a decade! I'm selling a beautiful kit which I loved using - purely because I need the cash for a business venture, and I really like printing LF B+W in the darkroom, no matter how superior this level of digital capture is ;-)

1. Sinar AFi (Rolley HY6) body + waist level finder + 45deg prism finder - excellent condition, only slight usage marks.
  2. Matching AFi back (Leaf Aptus 12R 80MP back with internally rotating sensor) - usual wear to rubber coating, but sensor + screen still perfect.
  3. Schneider Super Angulon 40mm f/3.5 PQ lens with caps + hood - MINT
  4. Schneider AF Xenotar 80mm f/2.8 lens with caps + hood - GOOD condition, glass perfect
  5. Zeiss Makro Planar 120mm f/4.0 HFT PQ with caps + hood - MINT, wow what a lens on 80MP
  6. Full set of body caps, and protective caps for digital back
  7. 7 batteries, most of them in very bad condition - but these are $30 each to replace, Samsung SB-L160
  8. Entire kit in the original fitted LEAF hard case

Price: $8500 (not interested in splitting up kit at this time)
Shipping: Worldwide via insured + tracked courier (e.g. DHL), included in purchase price.

It seems you can barely pick up an Aptus 12R for that price, never mind with this desirable body and lenses included.
Output quality and resolution is incredible. These lenses are not stressed at all by the 80MP sensor - even the 40mm is pixel-sharp right into the corners at working apertures.
The Schneider 80mm and Zeiss 120 Makro are perfect wide-open.

I realise the issues and suspicions with buying from somebody in Johannesburg, South Africa, and I am willing to do whatever you require to prove the legitimacy of this kit and myself as person who is not going to scam you ;-)

I have many years of good feedback on ebay as user philosomatographer, as well as on https://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/, APUG, Rangefinderforum, and other places.

For payment, I use Transferwise, and I can supply both EU and USD bank account details that you can make a bank transfer to.
I'm a bit... over... paypal after almost 20 years of use, so only if you really have to :)

Please message me if you'd like to get on a call (video call) to discuss, and I'll post some pictures of the kit here asap.

Last edited:

dawidloubser

Photos of the entire kit coming tonight when I'm home to photograph it, but here's the body + back + Schneider 40mm to show condition:

dawidloubser

Hi, I've uploaded detailed pictures of the body and back screens showing firmware versions / shot counts etc, as well as the rest of the kit, here:
https://imgur.com/gallery/E4xUzYX

1. Leaf Back Firmware: 5.041 (works with newest CF cards)
  2. Leaf Back Shot Count: 678 (!!)
  3. Body FIrmware (all 3 modules): 2.10

Only 2 problems with this kit:

1. All the supplied batteries are pretty much junk - buy some Samsung SB-L160s for $30 before buying this kit please. Also, the back's small internal battery is old - it loses its date setting quickly.
  2. As with almost all Hy6 bodies, the top control wheel on the grip is a bit fiddly. It works, but every click of the wheel turn is not always registered.

Price: $8500 which includes worldwide shipping by courier with tracking number and insurance.

dawidloubser

Bump for a wonderful, pretty rare camera system at a bargain price. I mean, just look at this thing! It's a piece of art, and so are the lenses.
Rare chance to own a modern MF camera with an 80MP rotating back and a waist-level viewfinder.

First and final price drop to $8000 including worldwide shipping.

dawidloubser

Just FYI, if this kit doesn't sell here before end of Tuesday, it's being put up for sale at local auction after that, and will be removed from this forum.
I know it's a lot of cash, but time is running out to snag this great kit at less than half the going price - check out the ebay prices on Aptus-ii 12R backs and Hy6 bodies if you don't believe me.

I've had 2 or 3 enquiries about sample RAW files - I'll post some online and share the links here as soon as I can.

Mexecutioner

Just FYI, if this kit doesn't sell here before end of Tuesday, it's being put up for sale at local auction after that, and will be removed from this forum.
I know it's a lot of cash, but time is running out to snag this great kit at less than half the going price - check out the ebay prices on Aptus-ii 12R backs and Hy6 bodies if you don't believe me.

I've had 2 or 3 enquiries about sample RAW files - I'll post some online and share the links here as soon as I can.
I think it has to do more with what people can get these days with those $8000 than the price of your kit, which I agree is attractive for some beautiful, well maintained gear. GLWS!!!