The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Zeiss ZM 50mm Sonnar f/1.5

patashnik

I recently bought a Zeiss ZM 50mm Planar, and have been thinking about whether or not to sell my Zeiss ZM Planar. I like both, but the economy today calls for downsizing. So, here it goes.

The lens comes with the box, the metal hood, and a non-original back and front cap. I can assure you that the front cap from Hama is every bit as crap as the original Zeiss one, so for your peace of mind I'm including a Lens coat which slips over the hood of the lens.

No Zeiss wobble, and this coming from someone who have sent three lenses to Zeiss for this exact problem. Glass is fine, a few light marks on the outside (see images).

As for focus, I do not know if this is calibrated for f/1.5 or f/2.8. All I can say is that a) I have owned a lens calibrated for f/2.8 and this looks nothing like it, and b) I have used this lens at f/1.5 90 percent of the time with no issues. That is my honest experience, but do ask if you have questions.

Asking $750 for the set. Living in Norway, but shipping is still quite easy in these days. Let me know where you live, and I'll check if there are any delays due to the corona virus.

Above all, stay safe. IMG_1518.jpgIMG_1517.jpgIMG_1516.jpgIMG_1515.jpgIMG_1506-2.jpgIMG_1508-2.jpgIMG_1509-2.jpgIMG_1510-2.jpgIMG_1514-2.jpg