Site Sponsors
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: magfiber: what's in a name?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Post Thanks / Like

    magfiber: what's in a name?

    Is "magfiber" that Manfrotto uses to describe some of their tripods the same as carbon fibre, some sort of composite material, or something else?

  2. #2
    Super Duper
    Senior Member
    Godfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Near San Jose, California
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: magfiber: what's in a name?

    Mag Fiber is as like to carbon fiber composites as all get out, just a bit less expensive to work. Manfrotto has also done leg tubes in basalt, another creative composite.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts