Site Sponsors

Thread: Zeiss ZE lenses

Post Thanks / Like
    Images

Zeiss ZE lenses

Apart from the 50 and 85mm for EOS mount, Zeiss don't seem to get the other focal lengths out. I'm very eager to get better wide lenses for my 1Ds MKIII. Canon's wides are quite pathetic. Anyone know why Zeiss is slow in this or have they scrapped the idea of more ZE lenses?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Zeiss ZE lenses

The 21mm Distagon was planned for the first quarter of this year, but the release date has been pushed back until the year's end. In my opinion, the reason for this delay is that the 50 and 85 have received mixed reviews and the problem seems to be sample variations (as well as camera mount and focusing screen inconsistencies as claimed by Zeiss). They must surely be working on solving this problem before releasing any new glass.
    M262 ZM 25/2.8 35/1.4 50/2 85/2

Post Thanks / Like

Based in tokyo at the moment, doing archival work for a company here. Got the 21 ZE a month ago. Have to agree with zeiss there on the inconsistent bla blas in each camera. I'm getting a whole bag load of varying results on both the company's 1ds IIIs, and my own 1ds III, together with 2 of my colleagues' 5d mk 2s.

The 85 ZE wasn't not too bad, but to me, an older contax 85 together with a CY/EOS adapter would have done the trick for 1/3 of the price.

For now, i guess it's still a bag of marbles.

Not Available
    Post Thanks / Like

A little Zeiss birdie told me to expect the 2/100 Makro-Planar this fall. Now THAT I want to see, as I'll be all over it.

jjlphoto

Makes me glad I kept my CZ 21/2.8 and CZ 28/2.0