Site Sponsors

Thread: Sinar eXposure in Win-XP?

Post Thanks / Like

Sinar eXposure in Win-XP?

I have just downloaded Sinar eXposure Capturing Software V 6.2.0 from the Sinar website. When I tried to open the file my PC spat the dummy and refused to recognise it, which I have since found out is because it is a .dmg file that is designed for the Apple os, not win-XP that I am running on my laptop.

As far as I can see this .dmg version of the program is the only one available for download on the Sinar website. However I have found various references on the internet indicating that this software is available for PC.

So I am stumped!

Is there a PC-friendly version of this program available for download? Or do I have to download a special program that will enable me to open .dmg files on my PC?

Of course I could just ask Sinar what to do but I figure that maybe they are busy trying to figure out answers to other questions - like how to stay alive.

To make matters worse the firmware upgrade that I just downloaded for my eMotion 75 is also a .dmg file.

Post Thanks / Like

No Sinar eXposure in Win-XP?

For those who have the same question, I contacted Sinar about this and received the following prompt reply from Hans-Peter Ochsner / Senior Customer Care Manager:

"The version of Sinar eXposure which is downloadable from our website can only be operated on Apple Computers withOs 10.4.x / 10.5.x

Sinar eXposure for windows exist only as a beta version which supports only a few Sinar digital backs as well as cameras. Therefore, these version are not for public use.
    "

In a follow-up email he added: "Also, it is correct that the Firmware Updater has to run on a Mac. A DMG (not dng) file is a Mac Os Disc Image file
    which can only be handeled from a Mac.
    "

So that answers that question.